We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Euros

devon uk
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Euros

Hi my daughter has been with the school to Rome, This week and she has some euros. Left can we use these and gbp to get our visa in to turkey next week

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Euros

Visa purchase should be by GB£ 10 note only no mixture of currency.

But you will be able to spend the euros locally, although the exchange rate may be poorer compared to GB£ rates.

devon uk
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Euros

Thanks for the info she has 66 euro left there are only 3of us going would this work or am I better using pounds? Thanks for your help

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,206 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Euros

Use three £10.00 notes, and change the Euros in the resort. The Visa guy will expect Sterling from all the passengers on your flight and giving in Euros may cause a problem. Also you would have to give in exactly £10.00 each in Euros, you do not get any change. Holding up the queue may not make you very popular with your fellow travellers.

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,735 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Euros

You have to get your visa in pounds but you can exchange the euros for lira in resort or spend them in the shops.

Edited: 11 July 2013, 10:18
Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Euros

Reading this link...

turkeytravelplanner.com/details/…

...UK Passport holders can pay either a £tenner. or €15, or US$20. However, ONLY British Passport holders can pay in sterling.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
15,206 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Euros

15 Euros is nearly £13.00. So, even if you don't have a problem paying with Euro (and I would not guarantee it) you will be paying more for your Visa.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
12,205 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Euros

Exactly Frances

Sterling makes more sense ...£10

Why pay more !

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Euros

Indeed, why pay more? Why take out high interest loans, why pay interest on credit cards?

But the point is that with Turkish visa-on-arrivals, British Passport holders DO have that choice as per the link at #5.

And tbh many British Passport holders don't live in the UK, never even visit the UK, and so don't use £sterling as their day-2-day currency.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Euros

From the main Turkey forum...

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g293969-i367-k4244…

And how do we all pay for an e-visa for Turkey? In US$, which is considerably more than a £tenner...

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297962-i772-k64…

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Euros

And see reply #6 on this link...

tripadvisor.co.uk/…46135008

Enigma2007 is a legend, and rarely off the mark.

Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu