We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Goz optic Hisaronu (a right pair of con artists)

Which Hisaronu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chester, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Goz optic Hisaronu (a right pair of con artists)

While on holiday July 2013 I bought a genuine pair of Ray ban sunglasses as I thought, for not much less than the Amazon price, they seemed well made as you would expect. The guy in the shop kept telling me the importance of buying genuine glasses with good UV protection. I wore them for a few days and whilst on a visit to a nearby area, my son who has fake Ray bans was looking at the real thing in a different opticians. The owner of the shop invited us in and said he would show how fakes have little or no UV protection. He plugged a machine into the mains and placed my sons glasses under it and as might be expected, there was no UV protection. He then got a pair of his genuine glasses and these showed high UV protection. He then took mine and to everyone's surprise, there was no UV protection. His advice was to take them back to Goz optic. After a heated debate, my money was refunded and we left the shop. As we returned to our accommodation we had to pass Goz optic again and the other bloke in the shop followed us up the street in a confrontational manner, however I am not easily phased and I feel he took the hint and didn't pursue it any further. My advice would be to seriously avoid Goz optic, Hisaronu Turkey.

Istanbul, Turkey
Level Contributor
17,579 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Goz optic Hisaronu (a right pair of con artists)

Although you are obviously back home now it is still not too late to report this shop.If they sold you fakes that were advertised as genuine then they are breaking the law(yes,even here in Turkey!).

Consumer rights and complaints are handled by the Kaymakam's Office.

Fethiye Kaymakamliği,

Atatürk Caddesi,

Hükümet Konağı,

Fethiye/Muğla.

Turkey.

e mail-fethiye@icisleri.com.tr

Fax-0090 252 614 2343

Explain in full as you have here giving the shop name,how he followed you etc.People like this need stopping.

Good luck!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,929 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Goz optic Hisaronu (a right pair of con artists)

Also for anyone else in this position and in Turkey ring the Tourist Police on 179 they are there 24/7 and do speak English.

North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,666 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Goz optic Hisaronu (a right pair of con artists)

Just goes to show how many people are walking around with very expensive -but useless - sunglasses that probably do more harm than not wearing any at all - as you gaze at the sun.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,929 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Goz optic Hisaronu (a right pair of con artists)

Also goes to show, that perhaps we should be careful of advice from people who say they have been coming to the area for years and make a total of only 11 recent postings advertising local businesses. 8 of them for this particular Optician. but then never return to the Forum.

Edited: 04 August 2013, 20:27
Paris, France
Level Contributor
184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Goz optic Hisaronu (a right pair of con artists)

This is a surprise , but not shocking. I would hazard a guess that this is quite a common practice in many opticians over there on the tourist trail.

6. Re: Goz optic Hisaronu (a right pair of con artists)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 August 2014, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu