We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions?

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Topic
A few questions?

Hi has anyone flown with onur air recently if so what was your experience we fly with them next week from east midlands I've been told drinks are very expensive on board!

Also we are staying in ovacik and would like a good Turkish bath within the first day or so within easy walking distance?

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few questions?

We used to fly with Onur because they offered reasonably priced flights but since the UK agent Aegean Flights went out of business 3 years ago its more difficult to book with them. I presume the Onur flight comes as part of a package? They are OK, no better or worse than most of the carriers flying to Dalaman (our top favourite is Easyjet). I dont remeber the drink prices being much different to the others - but I do remember you need to check your change!

Turkish bath - I still think the hamam as you enter Hisaronu is the most authentic but depending on where you are in Ovacik will depnd if thats in walking distance. Lots of hotels - including Ocean View will pick up and drop you back to accomodation FOC but I think charge more...

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: A few questions?

Yea booked with travel republic not heard much about onur but oh we'll as long as it gets us there, I have been to the Hamadan as u enter hisaronu as we stayed at Lycian but fancy somewhere different heard yasrogul hotel spas goos so may see if I can book there.

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
457 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few questions?

We usually take whtever is the cheapest flight and as you say it gets you there and whatever the legroom, seats , drinks are like its only a few hours - and the rewards are worth it!

Edited: 13 August 2013, 20:18
North West England...
Destination Expert
for Oludeniz
Level Contributor
6,785 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few questions?

I think all drinks on flights now are a similar cost, all expensive but must admit I like a drink on the flight myself!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: A few questions?

Hi re Turkish bath I would reccomended yasaroglu hotel .i have stayed at this hotel afew times most recently in June this year and always spend first day in spa Turkish bath massage etc.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: A few questions?

Yes I agree holiday starts at the airport lol 7 dAys a d counting yipeee!!! Yea I've heard about yasroglu going to email th now thanks xx

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
47 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A few questions?

Were staying at the Destina in Ovacik and have booked to go down to the Seabreeze apartments. On our first morning there for a body scrub. They also pick you free of charge.

Ilminster, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A few questions?

Hi there,We flew with Onur Air 3 years ago and had no problem at all.We didnt buy anything on board though.They were on time,no delays outbound or return all in all no problem and we would fly with them again.As for the Turkish bath there is an excellent traditional bath in Fethiye,okay its about a 15-20 min Dolmus ride from Ovacik but it is the best one we have been to.(not commercialized and a very relaxed atmosphere.We are going back to Ovacik at the beguining of September for 2 weeks and cant wait!!And we will be using the Hammam in Fethiye. Hope this helps.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
186 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: A few questions?

I flew with Onur twice , and they were great. Plenty of leg room , and nice staff on board. I got a brand new plane each time , maybe it was the same one ?! Drinks are expensive on any flight of this sort - get tanked up at the bar at the airport if that's what you need to get in the mood or on the plane.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: A few questions?

Ha ha thanks for the replies put my mind at rest about the flight I only require a couple of drinks certainly won't be tanked up,I'll leave that until I'm in Hisarönü xx

Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu
Recent Conversations