We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kebabs!!!!!!!!

Jersey, United...
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Kebabs!!!!!!!!

Where's the best kebabs in town? Love my kebabs

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kebabs!!!!!!!!

It all depends on what style of kebap you want. Doner, Adana, Eskender, Shish etc etc

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
17,177 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kebabs!!!!!!!!

Take a trip into Fethiye one day and eat at the Mozaik Bahce, always No.1 on T.A. and they make lovely kebabs or kepabs as they call them in Turkey. Mozaik Bahce have a Facebook page with a good map on it so you will have no trouble finding it.

Dundee
Level Contributor
211 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kebabs!!!!!!!!

Edna there are a few, the ones we tried were mc donners on the corner near harmony bar, beach boy next to the mosque and moonlight kebabs next to moonlight restaurant all were very very tasty. Mc donners was used frequently by the locals so u know they must be good when u see that.

Enjoy :-)

Dundee
Level Contributor
211 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kebabs!!!!!!!!

Edna there are a few, the ones we tried were mc donners on the corner near harmony bar, beach boy next to the mosque and moonlight kebabs next to moonlight restaurant all were very very tasty. Mc donners was used frequently by the locals so u know they must be good when u see that.

Enjoy :-)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
186 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Kebabs!!!!!!!!

Best kebabs I had in May/June were at Hisaronu Kebabs( est. 1996 ) , opposite Apo's Stone House.

The pitta bread they use is freshly made onsite.

Beachboy Kebabs just down from the mosue on the same side are also really good.

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kebabs!!!!!!!!

I would say that the best ones we had this year were on the front in Olu, from the kebab stand between the Buzz bar and Help. The Iskander kebab there is to die for, as you Yanks might say!

Edited: 20 September 2013, 09:58
Welwyn Garden City...
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kebabs!!!!!!!!

I enjoyed a couple of kebabs this year from moonlight and beachboy!! Also the chicken kebab platter from mcdowells was delicious!

north yorkshire
Level Contributor
167 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kebabs!!!!!!!!

Hi we go next sat can anyone describe what each of the different kebabs are like ? I've only come across donner and shish here in yorkshire

Thank you x

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Kebabs!!!!!!!!

Well my Iskander kebab is slices of donner meat, on a bed of pitta bread, covered in a spicey tomato sauce, and with a yoghurt topping. Lovely, but messy, so has to be eaten off a plate sitting down!

Edited: 24 September 2013, 07:59
Wivenhoe, United...
Level Contributor
160 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Kebabs!!!!!!!!

That's good to hear TriuumphNed I shall definitely be trying that place next May after a very disappointing kebab in Beachboy this year, the worst I have ever had anywhere in Turkey - shame because the guys in there were really nice. I can feel a messy iskender coming on after a good efes and live music session in Help! :)

Enda A and Halechap - if you like spicy stuff but not too hot then try the Adana kebab, served up in long strips with the usual rice, chips and fresh salad. I had a fabulous one in Del Boys in Hisaronu. Don't let the name of the place put you off as I normally don't go to "British type" pubs and restaurants abroad but it was always rammed out in there so we stopped by one day and now I know why. I also had a perfect lamb doner in half bread in Fethiye on the edge of the Paspatur (Old Town), I think it was called Pasa Kebab. It was huge and I struggled to get through it all! There were a lot of local people eating there which is always a good sign. I also agree with Frances-Jane about Mozaik Bahce, the food there is out of this world :)

Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu
Recent Conversations