We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Name left out of flight booking?

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Name left out of flight booking?

Having booked two flights I've found that I've left out my sister's middle name which is on her passport, do I have to get this sorted, if so I reckon it will cost, but I just wondered what other people's experiences were?

west midlands
Level Contributor
561 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Name left out of flight booking?

I did this in August I rang thomas cook who said it didn't matter also they put my title as mrs on my ticket although I am a miss this also didn't matter as I am over 16 they don't class me as a miss lol but double check though. Hope this helps

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
241 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Name left out of flight booking?

I made a mistake with Thomas Cook but when I rang them, they changed the details without charge, I think if you ask them soon after booking they may be willing to accept it as a genuine error.

I also made a mistake in missing out a middle name for a 15 year old once, and got charged to put that right, although that was Onur Air.

Give them a call and ask, you might get lucky!

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Name left out of flight booking?

Thank you both very much! I will contact them as soon as they send the confirmation email which should be some time today. My sister said not to worry as she's known others where it didn't matter but I'd rather be safe than sorry. :/

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
210 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Name left out of flight booking?

I booked with love holidays and on the confirmation email I realised they had 2 of the parties date of birth wrong, I rand them straight away and they said they would change it but it won't really matter as before we travel we will have to fill in advanced passenger info and put in the full passport information including middle names then .

Billingham, United...
Level Contributor
298 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Name left out of flight booking?

Hi deedee,

I never bother with middle names and not had a problem with several airlines.

Did you book your flights with travel republic and Thomas cook? (like me)

I ask because I am still waiting for a conformation email, a bit worried now as it's over 24hrs.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,364 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Name left out of flight booking?

Phil have a read of this it's from the Marmaris forum

danny H

Kingston-upon-Hull...

Save this Post

Travel Republic.

29 December 2013, 14:52

I booked (thought I'd booked) a holiday through their website for September 2014. I received e-mailed confirmation immediately for the transfer and accommodation but not for the flight. The following day I received a call from TR saying that the flight provider (Thomas Cook) had increased the price by approx. £130 and asked do I want to keep the booking. I told them to cancel it and suggested they change the price on their website as it is misleading. A couple of days later I noticed that the price on their website had still not changed and in fact had not done so for the previous 10 days. I tried to book the same flight however the exact same thing happend again. TR contacted me so say the flight provider had put the price up I pointed out the price they quoted had remained the same for several days and that is the price I wanted to pay and It is TR responsibility to update their website. As you can imagine I was pretty infuriated.

I have used TR many times in the past and this is the first time I've had problems.

Question: is it worthwhile pursuing this or have TR got the right to refuse the booking despite what appears to be either incompetence or false advertising? The price is still incorrect on the website.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Danny

bobbie

Report inappropriate content

Edited: 02 January 2014, 21:53
Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Name left out of flight booking?

I'm worried now I responded to Philthefitter thinking I'd got a bargain. They said I would hear within 12 hours but it's past 24 hours now. Not looking good....

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Name left out of flight booking?

I copied and pasted their email and it says this:

You will shortly receive an email confirming the details.

IMPORTANT

Your booking is not confirmed until you receive an email receipt, containing the supplier's booking reference, via email. This is normally sent within 12 hours of placing your booking request. Please do not make any further travel arrangements until you have received this email.

Is this what you got Phil? This happened to a friend last year and they ended up paying more, very shady practice!

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,364 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Name left out of flight booking?

Deedee make sure you check your junk mail as well

bobbie

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Name left out of flight booking?

Will do! Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu