We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trips with younger children

Which Hisaronu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Trips with younger children

Can anyone recommend any trips suitable for younger children? I would like to attempt a boat trip but I wouldn't want to spoil other peoples 'relaxing' day out so something more family orientated maybe? My kids are 11,4.5 and 3.5.

In the past we've enjoyed jeep safari but not sure it would suit the little ones?

Any tips appreciated

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,416 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trips with younger children

We stayed in Ovacik right next door to Hisaronu. Travelled as a family with our grandchildren. Have a look at the website for Sugar Beach in Olu Deniz. We spent some enjoyable time there and the kids loved it. Theres various activities for the kids. You can get picked up from your accommodation and dropped off again at a time of your choice. I think it would be ideal for the age of your kids.

www.sugarbeachclub.com.tr

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,416 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trips with younger children

www.sugarbeachclub.com

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,416 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trips with younger children

Claire

Apologies. I think this is now the correct info !

http://www.thesugarbeachclub.com/

8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Trips with younger children

Thank you- we are also staying in ovacik. We have visited sugar beach before but didn't know they did trips as well. I was looking for some ideas on suitable trips out for families as not all boat trips would be suitable and not sure jeep safari would be either.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,212 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trips with younger children

Take them on the water taxi from Fethiye to Calis Beach. It leaves from the Address Cafe on the Marina in Fethiye. It's like a mini cruise and would be ideal for younger children. It takes about 35 minutes and only costs 5 lira each. Once in Calis you could take the children to the Sultan City Aqua Park. At this Aqua Park they also have children's entertainers, happy hours for sweets, ice cream and drinks etc.,. Calis is very flat so ideal for pushing a buggy. There is a very nice prom with lots of restaurants and fabulous views over the twelve islands, particularly at Sunset. Google "Calis Beach Sunsets" There is also a very nice breeze. Get the dolmus back, to Fethiye, takes about 10-15 minutes or hop on the water taxi again.

Jeep Safari's are class as a Hazardous Sport and you would not be covered on your normal travel insurance, you would need to take out Hazardous Sports Insurance and I know they would not cover children. There have been fatalities in the past with children in Jeep Safaris.

Edited: 27 January 2014, 09:09
London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,635 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trips with younger children

I have taken my children on a boat trip and they enjoyed it, I am sure we will go again this year.

I wouldn't recommend a jeep safari with little ones, it can be a bit of a rough ride and too dangerous for small children.

8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Trips with younger children

Thanks for the tips- the water taxi and aqua part sound ideal. I think I might let my husband take our older son on Jeep safari but I'll stay behind with the younger ones.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,212 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trips with younger children

Clare even if your husband is taking one of your children they will both still need Hazardous Sports insurance which is an extra you get with your normal travel insurance. If there was an accident and they had no insurance they would not be covered for hosiptal treatment, late flight home, if you missed your normal flight and also extra days hotel stay. The worst case scenario is a medi vac home by plane which you would pay for starting at £35,000.

So, get extra insurance, It's not expensive, but you would need to enquire if they would cover a child.

You might want to read this

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2051404/Jonotha…

Edited: 27 January 2014, 10:46
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Trips with younger children

Thanks for the advice. We get free insurance for the family with the police federation but I will check if it's covered.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,416 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trips with younger children

Take note folks. Good advice from Frances-Jane about insurance. Lots of people wouldn't even think about it!

Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu
Recent Conversations