We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jeep safari without water fights?

UK
Level Contributor
609 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Jeep safari without water fights?

Anyone know of or can recommend a company that does jeep safaris without the water fights?

Level Contributor
100 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jeep safari without water fights?

They just wouldn't be the same!!

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jeep safari without water fights?

Sadly there does not seem to be any - İ for one would like to see it stopped as not everyone enjoys it and İ have witnessed a few nasty incidents caused by idiots fighting whilst on the move

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,008 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jeep safari without water fights?

Us too, we were driving back from Saklikent when a jeep cut out in front of us, it came from out of the trees and gave us a real fright, it was closely followed by another jeep, all passengers standing up and firing water pistols at each other. The jeeps where all over the road and overtaking each other.

One fatal accident a couple of years ago was caused by a jeep driver getting water from a water pistol in his eyes, swerving and turning the jeep over. No wonder this is classed as a Hazardous Sport and needs extra insurance to cover it. I wonder how many passengers actually take out this insurance??

Kayakoy, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Istanbul
Level Contributor
9,197 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jeep safari without water fights?

You do not need to go on a jeep safari. İt is so easy to do this trip by yourself. Just rent a car or jeep for a day, drive to Saklikent, go to Yakapark or any other nice trout restaurant, extend it with a visit to Kaputas beach (do not leave anything in the car as it is 180 steps down, pass by Patara or Karadere (İ think there is no or a small entrance fee on Karadere, there is quite a big one on Patara), then drive back home via Pınara road, the inland road to Fethiye.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Edited: 16 February 2014, 15:50
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Jeep safari without water fights?

I so loved the jeep safari trips in the past been on many over 15 years that I have been to Hisaronu and I to would love to go on this trip without water . The whole day now seems to revolve around water fighting .OK for some but not all. I have heard so many people complaining about this trip in the last few times I have been so surely there should be a choice a dry day or a wet one.come on Tiny Acropol get one sorted I know it would be very popular!

UK
Level Contributor
609 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jeep safari without water fights?

Thanks for the replies folks.

Looks like VillaRhapsody has the best idea so far. It's a real shame that there isn't a choice in this matter and I'm amazed that the Turks haven't seen the business potential in offering an alternative. They aren't usually that slow!!

Cromarty, United...
Level Contributor
161 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Jeep safari without water fights?

Try Tiny Acropol, I seem to recall that there was a land rover safari as well as a jeep safari, the land rover safari that I was on did not have water fights.

UK
Level Contributor
609 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Jeep safari without water fights?

Thanks "Peat",I'll make some enquiries a little nearer our arrival.

GS

Swinton, United...
Level Contributor
149 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Jeep safari without water fights?

Hi. I was told last year that the landrover safaris were no longer running and had been replaced by the 'discovery' bus. We too have enjoyed a couple of excellent jeep safaris but got a bit fed up of the water fights last year. We really don't mind having a laugh and joining in at safe points with water gun squirting - but having to endure full (large!!) buckets of water thrown in your face and over your heads several times at every stop point by over enthsiastic families was not my idea of fun! I would love to hear any updated info re a 'dry' safari.

Cwmbran, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jeep safari without water fights?

I personally found the water refreshing in the hot weather - but guess its just luck of the draw what idiots are there on the same day!

Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu