We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hisaronu while pregnant

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Topic
Hisaronu while pregnant

Hi

My family are thinking of booking a villa for the end of May. I will be 29 weeks pregnant by then and wondering if we should join them. Has anyone travelled to turkey while being pregnant and has any advice?

Thanks

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
16,328 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hisaronu while pregnant

The airline you are travelling with may ask you to get a letter from your Doctor to prove how many weeks pregnant you are going to be when you fly. Therefore, it's best to get in touch and tell them before you travel. Also you will need to contact your Travel Insurance Company and make sure they will cover your for any treatment you may need when you are abroad.

Have a read of this as it gives you all the information you need about taking your medical records with you and the injections you may need.

nhs.uk/conditions/…travel-pregnant.aspx

Edited: 15 March 2014, 09:17
west midlands
Level Contributor
563 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hisaronu while pregnant

Hi my sister found out she was pregnant after booking a holiday to turkey and as she would have been 32 weeks by the time she flew back thomas cook would not let fly. They told her you could be 25 weeks anything over that you have to get a letter from your dr confirming fit to fly but depending on personal circumstances they may not be willing to provide this, then there is the travel insurance. My sister in law also missed out on a family wedding due to thomas cook not letting her fly due to being too heavily pregnant . I would check with the air line first

London, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hisaronu while pregnant

Hi we travelled to turkey when I was 30 weeks pregnant I had to get a letter from my doctor saying that I was fit to fly,had a great holiday I was careful not to eat salads as it was washed with the water and also drank bottle water even used it to brush my teeth I also avoided seafood fish and mayonnaise!when we were coming back dalaman airport needed to see my letter then I had to get a medical with the doctor at the airport and had to pay £60!was not impressed!spoilt the end of a beautiful holiday but hay not like that for everyone just double check with your airline and keep drinking loads of water you will be fine have a fantastic time hisaronu is great!

London, United...
Level Contributor
172 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hisaronu while pregnant

Hi forgot to mention when you get the letter make sure that the doctor puts the dates you are travelling that's why there was a big confusion with mine he dated the letter when he saw (only 2 weeks before)but the airline said this date wasn't any good??so therefore had to have my blood pressure checked etc was stressful n was glad to get home also as fj mentioned inform your travel insurance aswell n double check with the airline n doctors happy holidays we still go back now and our nearly 5year old now really loves it can't wait for June going for 2 weeks!!!!!

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,764 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hisaronu while pregnant

I flew back from Turkey at 34 weeks and although I was rather uncomfortable for the journey I felt fine.

Do make sure you get a letter to say you are fit to fly and make sure you have insurance that covers in case you give birth early. Also take your maternity notes with you and find out where the local hospital is.

It is also a good idea to wear flight socks to stop your feet and ankles form swelling - you will need someone to help you put the on though ;)

6. Re: Hisaronu while pregnant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2015, 04:20
Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu