We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Evisa is very easy

Which Hisaronu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
842 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Evisa is very easy

Just done our Evis's for May, it took five minutes to do both , remember to save it to your pc, we also printed two off so we had a spare just in case.

I hope this might put some peoples mind at ease

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,212 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Evisa is very easy

Good post, for everyone reading this please be aware there are cloned sites out there that will charge you a lot more for your visa.

Make sure you only us the official Turkish Government website

https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/

Paris, France
Level Contributor
184 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Evisa is very easy

i cannot believe so many people are getting it wrong and then moaning about it - so many clear and precise posts have been made.

best thing to do ??....read and heed the excellent advice of mrconyac and frances-jane , then bookmark the above link into your bookmark page....that way you have it always.

Halifax, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Evisa is very easy

mrconyac do you pay in sterling I had read you were charged 20 us dollars and your card had to be able to accommodate.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
842 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Evisa is very easy

It worked out at £12.15 each but not sure if my bank will take a international payment fee, I used a visa debit card with no problems, only question I had was it sent a verify email to the email address I used but didn't get that the second time but then realised I used the same email address for both so it had already been varified

Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Evisa is very easy

I didn't realise you had to print off the visa I thought it was automatically put the data onto the chip in your passport? I must say it's all very confusing keep reading different things 😕

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,533 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Evisa is very easy

You definitely have to print off your e-visa - the Immigration Officer then checks it and puts a stamp in your passport showing the date of entry. When you leave, he puts a departure stamp on the same page in your passport.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,212 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Evisa is very easy

Tricia, There is no way the Turkish Government could put data onto the chip in your passport via the internet.

It's not confusing as the evisa was in place last year too.

Just go online fill in your details, pay your fees and print out the forms...no problem and not complicated.

It's possible just to arrive and pay at Dalaman Airport, but that is going to cost you £20.00 each, including children, so, better to do it online at just over £12.00 before you leave.

Edited: 25 March 2014, 13:10
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
842 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Evisa is very easy

Tricia

It really is easy and its all step by step

Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Evisa is very easy

Thank you for the replies. It all makes perfect sense now I haven't been to turkey since 2005 so was getting all mixed up reading different forums regarding the new system it's not that I am stupid far from it just read lots of different conflicting things regarding the E visa and wanted to clarify thanks again 😄

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Evisa is very easy

Just done mine and the mrs

Its £12.47 plus £1.25 for a non sterling purchase fee hope this helps used Turkish evisa site( per person)

Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu
Recent Conversations