We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Curry Palace

Which Hisaronu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
617 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Curry Palace

Hi can anyone tell me if this restaurant is still open as I haven't seen any reviews for it this year.

scotland
Level Contributor
291 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Curry Palace

It is still open. I bumped into the manager a couple of times last week.

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
617 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Curry Palace

We visited this restaurant a couple of times last year and really enjoyed it, previously we always visited The Shine but had a bad experience there, hence that is why we tried The Curry Palace.

Just wondered why there was no reviews yet on TA for this year.

Scotland
Level Contributor
316 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Curry Palace

It's still open and as lovely as ever. We visited it twice in May despite being half board and only being in Hisaronu for six days.

I feel a bit guilty now that I haven't got around to writing any of my reviews, it's gone to the top of my to do list!

crawley
Level Contributor
545 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Curry Palace

Not in the same league as the Shine.

Scotland
Level Contributor
316 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Curry Palace

Think everyone has a different taste when it comes to curry's, each to their own.

Owldgrand did say though that they had a bad experience at The Shine, hence the query if The Curry Palace was open this year.

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Curry Palace

Yes, we went in may and we thought it was excellent value. Service is great, very nice location and food was very good - it isn't as spicy hot as we'd expect here, but was good quality. Shine is very good, but actually very similar to what we get at home in the uk anyway? Overall, lovely meal experience, will go again in August.

Manchester...
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Curry Palace

Its a good place to get a good curry. The Shine is also good, but lacks the service of the Curry Palace, and they seem to be in a rush to get you out of the place when you are finishing your meal. Curry Palace 8/10 Shine 7/10.

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
617 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Curry Palace

I agree, "Shine" DOES serve excellent food but we found that recently the staff have adopted a "couldn't-care-less" attitude whereas "Curry Palace" has it all - attentive and efficient staff as well as excellent food.

crawley
Level Contributor
545 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Curry Palace

I totally agree about the service being much better at the Curry Palace than the Shine and there's a simple reason for that. The Shine gets completely rammed full where as the Palace was virtually dead when i went there.

I only went to the Palace as i couldn't get into the Shine and i couldn't be bothered to wait and thought i would try elsewhere. The Palace had better service and a nicer place to eat in. But it's the food which you should ultimately judge a place on and the Curry Palace falls well short. For that reason i would not go again.

Tyne and Wear
Level Contributor
617 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Curry Palace

Initially, I wondered why "Shine" did not take bookings then, after two or three visits I realised the answer.

They encourage customers to wait in THEIR bar until a table is available thus maximising "bar" profits. Potential customers almost always oblige as they are not prepared to take the risk of a table becoming available when they are in another establishment - it's a win-win situation for "Shine"

BUT that still does not excuse the surly and and unpleasant staff attitude.

Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu