We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas cook weddings

west midlands
Level Contributor
563 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Thomas cook weddings

Hope someone can help.... I have been looking at thomas cook wedding packages and they seem basic but reasonable . My problem is that they don't seem to have a clue about what other costs I need to budget for when I get to turkey such as the consulate visit in Antalya etc. they are also telling me that you now have to have blood tests and it's £35 each. I'm pretty sure I've read online somewhere that you no longer have to go to the British consulate in Antalya so your costs are now much cheaper! Can anyone put me on the right track with regards to costs, procedures etc thank you

Mentioned in this post
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,885 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Thomas cook weddings

Thomas Cook have no clue because they are in the U.K. and don't know zilch about what goes on in Turkey.

Firstly, no need to go to Antalya anymore. Secondly no blood tests needed.

My advise is book with a Oludeniz Wedding Company, they know what they are doing and you call all the shots and you make the decisions. A local company will do all the legwork for you and will keep you updated with emails. They are also extremely cheap to have a wedding with.

Mentioned in this post
Turkey
Turkey
Europe
Antalya
Antalya
Antalya Province, Turkey
Oludeniz
Oludeniz
Mugla Province, Turkey
west midlands
Level Contributor
563 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Thomas cook weddings

Thank you for the info would you happen to know roughly what kind of fees I should expect to pay ( not the wedding package)

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,885 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Thomas cook weddings

I have private messaged you.

west midlands
Level Contributor
563 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Thomas cook weddings

Thank you for all your help Frances Jane

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Thomas cook weddings

Could you message me re weddings in olu deniz. Thanks:-)

Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,885 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Thomas cook weddings

I have the address of the Photographer, just waiting for my friend to call in when he has time and get a card with the phone number.

darwen
Level Contributor
343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Thomas cook weddings

What I will say, is that yes TC aren't great over here, but if you go into your local store they get the answers for you, in regards to all your questions and get back to you within 24 hours.

Also personally I would say price wise it's a big difference. E.g local wedding companies average price is around £2k, then you've got to pay for your actual holiday part as well. Whereas with TC, we have paid £2300 for wedding (including celebration wine, decorated location, flowers, bouquet, buttonhole, cake, decorated car for bride and groom etc) wedding reception, flights, transfers, hotel (staying at liberty hotel one of the best hotels in oludeniz, including wine and chocolates upon arrival, staying in an upgraded room).

Therefore you need to think about how much you will be paying altogether, and whether it's worth paying maybe an extra £1k.

Edited: 28 July 2014, 19:06
Aberdeenshire...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
18,885 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Thomas cook weddings

If worked as a Travel Agent like Adam does. I would also recommend a tour company, mainly because they are my bread and butter. I would also expect them to give me, as a Travel Agent a really good deal.

darwen
Level Contributor
343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Thomas cook weddings

No Frances-Jane I owned a travel firm but sold up and cut my losses as it didn't work out unfortunately. Honestly that was the fantastic deal we got, no contacts or anything just a good deal. I do tell a lie actually, it is £2600 we've paid not £2300. We are getting married in 5 weeks, the in resort rep has been really good, but within England they are poor, they even sent us the wrong wedding pack. Therefore I will be expecting some freeebies from my complaint. As I say though it depends how much you are willing to pay I would say, as i've notice some in resort wedding companies charge as much as £3500 and that's just for the wedding an reception. Personally I am one of them, I wouldn't pay extra when I know I can get it for cheaper and the poorer customer service comes with that, but that's fair enough for the price.

10. Re: Thomas cook weddings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu
Recent Conversations