We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your favourite, nice, restaurant?

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Your favourite, nice, restaurant?

I'm visiting in September and over the years have been to some lovely restaurants, I'll be with my with my sister this time, her first visit and would like to try somewhere different, but not too much travelling.

I like the Buzz, Bees Knees, Festival and another one on Olu Deniz seafront upstairs the name of which I can't remember! Plus lots of others really however those three/four stick in my mind for the best food and service. So what's been a stand out meal for you? Something a bit of a cut above, I'd like to try some new places for the occasional treat.

I won't have my dear husband with me for the first time as he passed away early last year so new places would be especially good. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,364 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your favourite, nice, restaurant?

Hi

deedee so sorry to hear that, hope you and your sister have a lovely holiday.

Bobbie x x

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
722 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Your favourite, nice, restaurant?

If you like Turkish, Suzanne's in Hisaronu is excellent & very reasonably priced. Lots of repeat customers, great menu & good wine. Book in advance or go early to get a table.

Shiraz in Ovacik gave us a beautiful meal - couldn't fault it. Extensive menu (international & Turkish) & good service. Worth a short taxi ride or 20 min walk. It only opened at the beginning of the season & has already become a favourite.

Mak

Manchester...
Level Contributor
30 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your favourite, nice, restaurant?

Festival,Festival,Festival. The very best.

Chesterfield...
Level Contributor
23 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your favourite, nice, restaurant?

Candlelight in ovacik is excellent it's new very clean and food is the best I've tried in the local area.

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your favourite, nice, restaurant?

Thanks Bobbie we'll do our best , I'm sure my sister will love it. I've heard good recommendations for Suzanne's before on here.

I have some reservations about the Festival, after having a great night there on another occasion one of our party complained about being brought the wrong dish and the English waitress was very unhelpful and quite rude. Hopefully things are better now as that was 2012.

Thanks everyone else, I've made a note of them all.

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your favourite, nice, restaurant?

The three cheers in ovacik. Along with the aubergine which is next door. Both these serve great food.

But unless you are a big eater. Do not have a starter in aubergine.

As lovely as they are. To have s starter plus main meal is too much.

Malton, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Your favourite, nice, restaurant?

Pine Hill really good and reasonably priced but make sure you are hungry the portions are large. It is the No 1 restaurant on tripadvisor. We stayed at the Pine Hill in June and had really lovely meals. Also you can choose what you would like to go with your main meal, rice, chips, roast potatoes, salads, veg in a sauce or all of them!!

Had quite a few meals in Suzanne's, it is also very good.

Enjoy.

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your favourite, nice, restaurant?

Ooooh never thought about checking TA doh! I will definitely be trying the top three as I've not tried any of them. Audrey do I have to book at Pine Hill the BBQ on a Thursday had good reviews so may go then, where is it located please? Also anyone know where Alex's Bar is? Thanks for all the responses!

Malton, United...
Level Contributor
56 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Your favourite, nice, restaurant?

Yes would be advisable to book the BBQ night. About 50 different mezes/Salads/breads to start (help yourself as much as you like to eat ) then you are served chicken, fish, meatballs, sausage etc at your table. Also worth trying a meal there another night. Pine Hill is just down a side road close the the big azda. Couple seconds walk from the main strip.

Going back to Hisaronu in Sept, unfortunately couldn't get booked again for Pine Hill, but most certainly be having a few meals there.

Grimsby
Level Contributor
1,386 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Your favourite, nice, restaurant?

Thanks for info sounds like the bbq might be too much ha ha! I've found it now very close to us at Evergreen Apt still looking for Alex's cocktail bar. Thanks again.

Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu