We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pegasus Airlines - Aberdeen-Dalaman

Which Hisaronu hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Pegasus Airlines - Aberdeen-Dalaman

Has anyone recently flown with this airline from Aberdeen to Dalaman.

How was it on-board?

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,267 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pegasus Airlines - Aberdeen-Dalaman

i have flown with Pegasus a few times. Last time was in June. I prefer them to Thomas Cook. The planes have more legroom and the air crew do not come around every 15 minutes with the hard sell. They are also very pleasant and helpful.

One point to keep in my. They will not accept Scottish money for drinks, food or duty free. So take English notes, Lira or your credit/debit card.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pegasus Airlines - Aberdeen-Dalaman

Thanks, I hadn’t even thought about not being able to use Scottish money on the flight from Aberdeen.

1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Pegasus Airlines - Aberdeen-Dalaman

I didn't know Pegasus did this route, it's not on their website, they are a good flying experience in all the time I've used them, no complaints

Scotland
Level Contributor
313 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pegasus Airlines - Aberdeen-Dalaman

I booked with Thomas Cook and Sun Express have taken over the Aberdeen - Dalaman route this year

Haven't flown with them before but I go in a few weeks and will happily report back.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,267 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pegasus Airlines - Aberdeen-Dalaman

Thomas Cook will use a lot of other airlines to fly from Aberdeen to Dalaman and if you book online they will not tell you that you are travelling with another airline, the only way to tell is the flight number which will not be TC.

This means you cannot pre-book a seat, extra luggage, check in onlne, or even know if you will have any food served onboard.

Most people arrive 3-4 hours ahead of time just to be able to get a seat togehter. However don't bother asking will there be food onboard, as the staff at the check-in will tell you they don't know.

Just to say no airline takes over T.C. routes, T.C. just sell on the flight to another airline, but T.C. sill take the bookings, just as if you are flying with them.

Edited: 10 May 2015, 22:57
Scotland
Level Contributor
313 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pegasus Airlines - Aberdeen-Dalaman

I knew it was a Pegasus flight when I booked through Thomas Cook last year. They sent me an email of apology a couple of months later to say that the flight had changed to Sun Express and there was a slight change of time. I go back in September and that flight is also Sun Express.

Edited: 11 May 2015, 08:35
Edinburgh, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa Teguise
Level Contributor
6,531 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pegasus Airlines - Aberdeen-Dalaman

What is Sun Express? Is that a airline or travel company? Thanks

Also what routes does this Pegusas do?

Hebden Bridge...
Level Contributor
6,126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pegasus Airlines - Aberdeen-Dalaman

Pegasus is a Turkish Airline: http://www.flypgs.com/en/

Sun Express is a Turkish Airline: http://www.sunexpress.com/en

They do fly some directly bookable routes from the UK, but are sub-contracted by UK travel companies such as Thos Cook to supplement their routes - these flights aren't directly bookable and you will only find out who the airline is after you have booked your package.

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,267 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pegasus Airlines - Aberdeen-Dalaman

Yes and you only find out which Airline T.C. have contracted to when you look at your flight number, they do not tell you when online, that they are sub-contracting your flight. If you don't notice the flight number, then you have no idea you are not flying on a T.C. plane, well not until you try and book seats, a meal, or even try to print out boardng cards, even then, they don't tell you, they just say they are not available for this flight.

Scotland
Level Contributor
313 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pegasus Airlines - Aberdeen-Dalaman

It is possible to find out who you will be flying with before you book. Although I've booked a package, I put my dates in the flight only section in the T.C. website and it will come up with who the airline actually is.

Although you can't book seats etc I did add extra luggage allowance via T.C. I phoned them last year on the day I was leaving and they organised it with Pegasus and emailed me confirmation.

Get answers to your questions about Hisaronu