We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Duty Free Glasgow or Dalaman

Which Icmeler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Buying Duty Free Glasgow or Dalaman

Hi we're travelling to icmeler in June and as we enjoy a few wee bacardis were wondering if its better to buy before we leave the uk / in resort/or on return home at Dalaman

Ireland
Destination Expert
for Belfast, Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
862 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying Duty Free Glasgow or Dalaman

Cant comment on Bacardi, but one of our party bought cigarettes before leaving the UK in duty free and it was £20 for 200. But on the plane (Thomas Cook) it was £34 for 400 of the same, so therefore cheaper. In Dalaman it was more expensive than this (you pay in euros there), and the tobacco is turkish blend (not the same as UK we were told), so worth comparing the prices Id say. From memory, I think a litre of Bacardi may have been either £10 or £11 on the plane we flew on.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,475 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying Duty Free Glasgow or Dalaman

If Bacardi is your tipple - then I definitely would recommend that you buy it in Duty Free in the UK. Last year it was on offer - like 2 litre size bottles for £15 or so and I imagine it will be much the same this year - although the price will probably have gone up! I wouldn't want to rely upon being able to buy it on the plane, and to buy it in Turkey it will be VERY expensive - even more than back in the UK! If you drink vodka or gin, then the brands made in Turkey are certainly drinkable and the cost is about the same as here - but again brands like Smirnoff or Gordons are very expensive, and they do not make any sort of rum in Turkey.

The coke is cheap enough though!

birmingham
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying Duty Free Glasgow or Dalaman

just asking about the dutyfree being euro

can,t you pay with english or lira in dalaman airport

Kayakoy, Turkey
Level Contributor
2,786 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying Duty Free Glasgow or Dalaman

Yes, you can pay with sterling at Dalaman.

They're very reluctant to take Scottish banknotes.

5. Re: Buying Duty Free Glasgow or Dalaman

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2009, 06:37
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations