We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vegetarian and vegan food in Icmeler

Nottingham, U.K.
Level Contributor
77 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Vegetarian and vegan food in Icmeler

Hi. Just thinking of booking here and wondered if anyone could comment on the veggie food in the local bars and restaurants. Is there a particular restaurant that has very good veggie food?

Looking forward to reading replies.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vegetarian and vegan food in Icmeler

Sorry cant help as im not a vegetarian, But do try the Vegetable casserole's. Just ask the restauraunts what they have to offer you im sure they will oblige accordingly.

Bodrum
Destination Expert
for Bodrum City
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vegetarian and vegan food in Icmeler

Turkish cuisine by nature is largely vegetarian and uses meat as a flavoring instead of as a main course. In fact, restaurants which cater to meat are called 'meat restaurants'. You will do very well by sticking to appetizers (mezes) which feature a huge variety of vegetables, both hot and cold. You'll find a large variety of soups (lentil, tomato, yogurt) without meat but do check with the kitchen that they haven't used any granules. All Turkish restaurants also have rice and most have pasta. You should do fine!

Nottingham, U.K.
Level Contributor
77 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vegetarian and vegan food in Icmeler

Thanks folks. I have booked for May! x

Kas
Level Contributor
689 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vegetarian and vegan food in Icmeler

Just to add to the above:

Are you a strict veggie or a lacto vegetarian?

The reason I ask is because most casseroles will come topped with cheese.

Also beware, a lot of Turks do not consider chicken as meat! You may on occasions have to emphasise that you don,t eay ANY meat including chicken.

Most mezes (starters) are vegetarian and it,s common practice to order several as a main course with maybe a side salad.

Generally speaking, Turkish restaurants are extremely obliging. If you tell them from the outset what your dietary requirements are they will be able to rustle something up for you.

Enjoy your holiday.

Nottingham, U.K.
Level Contributor
77 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vegetarian and vegan food in Icmeler

Thanks again for the great information. I am vegan so I think I may need to be both very clear - but also a little relaxed about an unexpected appearance of cheese! x

6. Re: Vegetarian and vegan food in Icmeler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2010, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler