We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restraunts

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
restraunts

Hello all,i will be staying at Greenmar apts from 27/8 and was wondering if you can recommend good restraunts near to apts.

thanks

PS HAVE LOOKED AT REVIEWS BUT AS I1M NOT SURE WHERE APTS ARE CANNOT PINPOINT RESTRAUNTS.I KNOW I`M NEAR CANAL THANKS TO rwb

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restraunts

You have 2 restauraunts eithier side of the Greenmar, Friends great breakfast in here, And a chinese/Indian next door to that is Broadway which just opened this season we had a few meals in Broadway this year and they were very very good, Across the road you have the Loveboat and Mr Chef, As you come out of the Greenmar turn right and at the Broadway turn right again and thats the top of the canal where loads of restauraunts are, Everywhere you go you will be spoilt for choice and very unlikely to get a bad meal anywhere, Icmeler has 420 restauraunts, Have a great time.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restraunts

Thanks rwb47 you have been very helpful,a hive of information.

cheers cassaragi

bradford
Level Contributor
1,434 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: restraunts

As RWB said there is not very much chance of leaving a restaurant feeling unhappy. I tend to try a different place most nights and a lot depends on mood and whether I fancy eating in a livelier or quieter area. For that just wander and pick a likely looking place. With an 11 (going on 18) year old in tow any of the places with live waiter etc shows would seem favourite. Just remember though that when 10.00 pm or whenever comes around there will not be too many waiters left to wait upon you so adjust your eating times accordingly!

No idea whether this will still be true when you go during high season but in June lots of places were doing meal deals for pretty much the price of a main course. Again just look around.

Finally, only because I like it and it does not seem to get too many mentions, a little plug for Jasmin's. Go along to the top of the canal and turn right and then right again at the lower end of Private Restaurant. Good food at a decent price.

I am sure you will love Icmeler just like we all do.

John

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,309 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: restraunts

You HAVE to try Bonjour. Turn left out of Greenmar and follow road, turn left at the end I think, anyone correct me if I'm wrong. Bonjour is behind where the ATM machines are. Near to Ada Restaurant. It is so special.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,861 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: restraunts

Turn left out of Greenmar and follow road,Turn right before the roundabout to go to the Bonjour.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: restraunts

Thanx everyone,i`m getting pretty excited as the time draws near.

The only thing i worry about is where i`m staying,i hope the greenmar is clean,i`m not looking for luxury just the basics but i`m terrible about cleanliness.

North west
Level Contributor
503 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: restraunts

Best meals I had this year were the Lemon Tree (on edge of canal) and Wayside (near the Tansas).

If you like Indian avoid the TS (on main road) - unless you like to eat your homemade curry created with a supermarket sauce. When I complained they didn't want to know. Was sold to me as being authentic. Mmmmm - 2 other familes there at the same time as me where also unhappy and a friend told me about some people complaining at her apartments. Hands up if you've ever had a yellow rogan josh???

Rotherham, United...
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: restraunts

Hi

If you get onto the main street which has wonderboys on it then ther are 2 that I would reccomend 1 is thw watwr fall just up from wonderboys on the same side, it's a little dearer than the others but the food and the surroundings are to die for. Ther's also another one under the Mersoy hotel they were doing a 5 course meal for £7 and it was spot on.

sure you'll enjoy it, it's abeautiful place.

also if you get chance take the boat to turunc iyt picture postcard and the sea is clear and warm

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
123 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: restraunts

hi i spoke to you a few times last year on the altinkum forum,see your moving down the country like me lol icmeler is beautiful so mush we are going back next year broadway restaraunt is amazing we ate in there every second night food brill and good prices no hassle and very friendly 3 bells chinese is good as well and the mandolin also very good also its very busy,hope you have a great time

suzie

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: restraunts

Hi suzie,yes i remember you from Altinkum forum.

I`m so looking forward to visiting Icmeler i`ve been gonna do it for years and now the time is here.

I will go back to Altinkum next year as i`ve already got my flights.

Thanks for the tips on plades to eat.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler