We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkish Airports

Which Icmeler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Turkish Airports

My experience of Turkish airports and airlines come to think of it is not a good one.

Now i dont know if its just me but i feel like i`m being treated like a piece of cattle,i find the staff in these places the most unhelpful.

My sister left her rather expensive sunglasses on the plane going out to Dalaman.While we were in the resort i tried as did the people at the greenmar apartments to ring Aegean flights in Marmaris to no avail we tried several times a day every day even to reconfirm our return flights but still no answer at Aegean.

I finally had to ring transfer company who confirmed our flight time.

On checking in for our return flight i asked at check in how i could locate lost property,the girl just shunned me off by saying she didnt understand.Ieventually found some Thomas cook reps who pointed me in the right direction.

On finding the lost property office again it was like they couldnt be bothered hence no sunglasses were found.

When we went to board the plane the girl checking our passports said "have a good flight but didnt even look at us"in a droany voice

The flight for the return was with Onur air,the refreshments trolly was brought out once with its very expensive price tag and the duty free trolly which not one person bought from.The flight attendants then sat and i believe slept in their little curtained area,i say slept because they took their pillows and blankets into the area.

Now i know we pay a lot less for these flights but i think we could be treat more humainley

This was a sad end to what had otherwise been a really good holiday.

Norfolk
Level Contributor
517 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkish Airports

Can't comment on the flights because I've only been to Dalaman with Easyjet and Monarch, and they were all I expected them to be (cheap and cheerful). But I do agree the Dalaman airport experience isn't very nice; I suppose your only there for 2-3 hours so I just grin and bear it. I can't get to excited about it when I've just had a couple of weeks in paradise.

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkish Airports

Re the lost sunglasses in my op,i have been intouch with insurance company who now tell me i should have filled out a lost property form at Dalaman Airport.

How on earth i`m gonna get one now is beyond me,so just incase in the future anyone should misplace or loose anything ensure you fill this out.

3. Re: Turkish Airports

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 March 2011, 15:37
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations