We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

icmeler beach

carlisle
Level Contributor
31 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
icmeler beach

can anyone tell me about the beach in icmeler? is it all shingle or is part sandy? im thinking of booking for a change as ive been spoilt all these years at the lovely beach at altinkum. any views welcome. regards mike from carlisle.

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,372 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: icmeler beach

It is quite shingly, but seemed to be more sandy this year. I believe they ,ay have brought more sand in during the closed season. Some parts are certainly more sandy than others.

carlisle
Level Contributor
31 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: icmeler beach

many thanks for your reply . regards.

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,451 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: icmeler beach

michaelcarlisle

Lets say the beach in Icmeler is okay, much better than Marmaris, but Altinkum (first beach) is hard to beat !

Newcastle
Level Contributor
570 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: icmeler beach

Hi michaelcarlisle

I also have been spoilt at Altinkum u cannot beat their beaches.

I visited Icmeler for the first time in August and whilst i found the resort to be really nice,very pretty and the canal is lovely with its bars restraunts and stalls.I didnt like the beach not only is it shingle but the sea is quite murky,not the beautiful turqious waters you get in Altinkum.

But not only that ,it costs you a fortune on the beach as most of the beach hotels and restraunts seem to have their allocated slice and whilst its cheaper than Altinkum to hire a sunbed at 2.50tl, the beach waiters are in your face and charge quite a lot for drinks and food.Aparantly you dont have to buy their wares ,but being 3 females we felt pressurised.

On one occassion the young man really tried to rip me off until i called him back,he knew what he was up to.

Dont let this put you off though because i had a lovely holiday and i am booked for Altinkum next year (this booking was made before i visited Icmeler)I will try for a cheapie holiday to Icmeler also.

Edited: 23 September 2010, 22:28
edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,372 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: icmeler beach

It must depend which part of the beach you go to then, as we've never felt pressurised to buy drinks, etc, even when it was just my daughter and I. If you go to the "free" parts, which are usually connected to one of the hotels or bars, yes, there probably is more pressure there to buy food or drink, but we prefer to pay our 2.50TL and have the freedom to take our own food and drink or stroll up to one of the bars if we please. If you walk a bit further out from the main part of the beachfront, it does get quieter and you won't get any hassle.

6. Re: icmeler beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2011, 04:17
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler