We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

icemeler or side

Which Icmeler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
6 posts
Save Topic
icemeler or side

trying to book a holiday in turkey end of may/june. Want somewhere thats not heaving or too touristy, with a local feel and not british burger bars and all day breakfasts. have been to olu deniz, was wondering whether to try icemeler or side. any suggestions or other ideas, travelling with husband and 14yr old son.

Carole

milton keynes
Level Contributor
94 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: icemeler or side

iv not been to side, but icmeler has a bit of everything, it can be as quiet or as boom boom as u want, all the music is turned down at midnight although u can sit in the bars and restaurants as long as u want, i would suggest if u try icmeler book somewhere in the village, then if u want quiet its there, and if u want a bit more upbeat its only a ten min walk to the main drag, hope this helps happy holidays

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
633 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: icemeler or side

two of my favorite Turkish resorts, been to both many times, i am sure you would enjoy either of them.

but side wins for me simply because it has a great beach, icmeler does not.

Chesterfield
Level Contributor
310 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: icemeler or side

I would think Side would be more to your likeing,great beaches,plenty of culture and historical sites.

I have stayed in the Old Town and thought it was great.

Maidstone, United...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: icemeler or side

Have been to both and would go back to Icemeler.

ICEMELER - Stayed at the Hotel Marti. The resort is surrounded by a very pretty, pine-clad and mountainous bay. Beach is shingle, but well looked after and the sea is glass-like, but gets deep quick. You can get taxi-boats (worth it for the ride) over to the more chaotic Marmaris, which is good for boat trips, (we did a day trip to Rhodes), and is good for shopping. There are more trips available from here than Side.

SIDE - Stayed at the Arum Hotel, which was excellent, but the beach is sandy

and very busy, but unfortunately there are a lot of rock formations just below the surface, which are dangerous and not visible from the beach.

The town is o.k. but not great, and there was a lot of building going on. Not many people spoke English, and I found them a little aggressive compared

to other parts of Turkey, but perhaps that was my bad luck.

Manchester, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: icemeler or side

Thanks for your replies, still torn between icmeler and side. Will have to try them both out perhaps. Leaning more towards side after your comments and because of the sandy beach. Just need a good deal now!

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
218 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: icemeler or side

i have booked for icmeler as it seems no one has any bad comments about it. i honestly hav never heard of so many people rave abou a place & say how fab it is. i know someone who went to side & said it was lovely but got really harassed, supposedly you dont in icmeler. depends if this matters or not to you.

Manchester, United...
6 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: icemeler or side

booked icmeler in the end, just because of better flight times and dates. Hope its the right choice, we can usually make the most of anywhere we go, so should be fine.

8. Re: icemeler or side

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 08:19
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations