We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baby Milk Powder

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Baby Milk Powder

Hi everyone, we're going to Icemeler on 11th June for our honeymoon for 2wks with our baby. She has Aptimel 1st milk does anyone know if a similar brand is sold in the supermarkets over there?

Any tips on must pack items for her? It's our 1st holiday with her

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,108 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baby Milk Powder

From another forum, I believe you can buy Aptimil baby milk over there, but it is a lot more expensive than it is here. You can buy baby wipes and suchlike in the Tansas supermarket, along with Prima nappies, which are the equivalent of Pampers. Hope that helps.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
17 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baby Milk Powder

Thanks for your help

Blyth, United...
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Baby Milk Powder

Take your milk with you.If you have a Boots at your airport you can order it there for when you fly.

Dunfermline, United...
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baby Milk Powder

Take nappy sacks, you can't get them in Turkey!

Edinburgh,Scotland
Level Contributor
47 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baby Milk Powder

Grrrr just wrote a long post and it disappeared!!

Yes you can buy Aptamil 1st Milk in Turkey we got it there last year for our 6 month old, it is more expensive(can't remember what we paid) You can get it in most Supermarkets and Pharmacies.

Pampers(Prima over there) are readily available and Molfix(Turkish brand) are fine too, wipes are easy to buy aswell.

We bought a small travel steraliser from Asda only cost a few pounds and you used it in microwave.

We also took some disposable bottles from Boots which were great when out and about, use them once and throw away. We bought some ready made cartons of Aptamil airside and used these on plane,and stuck some in hand luggage too. I also only took empty steralised bottles so i didn't have to faff about tasting them at security.

Also Huggies swim nappies are available over there but are very expensive, so this year we have gone for swim pants from Mothercare,just rinse out and reuse.

Nestle, Pinar and Labranda water over there are the ones with the lowest sodium and are fine for making up bottles,just boil in kettle, leave to cool same as over here.

You can get jars of baby food in supermarkets too incase your little one will be eating by time you go,not a huge choice available though.

Can't think of anything else just now but if you need anymore info just ask and i'll try to help!

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,734 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baby Milk Powder

You can get Aptamil but it is expensive so you would probably do best to take the powder with you. The best bottled water to use is Erikli as that has the lowest sodium, although as the previous poster says Labranda, Pinar and Nestle are all fine too.

I used to use Molfix nappies when I lived in Turkey with my baby, Can Baby and Evy Baby are also good. As luvturkey says take your nappy sacks as you can't get them out there.

Make sure you take plenty of high factor baby sun cream, a hat, a UV suit for swimming, a swim nappy, a canopy for the push chair and I always clipped a big piece of material over with a couple of clothes pegs to keep the sun off, a sarong works just as well.

For sterlilising you can use milton tablets and a tupperware box, just use tap water.

Turkish people love babies so your little one will get lots of fuss made of her!

7. Re: Baby Milk Powder

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2012, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler