We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Health care and visa rules

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,655 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
New Health care and visa rules

CHANGES TO TOURIST VISA FOR BRITISH NATIONALS

Since 2010, Turkish visit visas issued at arrival ports state that they are valid for multiple stays up to a maximum of 90 days in a 180 day period.

Up to 31 January 2012, this rule has not been enforced by the Turkish immigration authorities, who were operating a flexible interpretation of the requirement.

From 1 February 2012, the new visa rules will be fully enforced, and you will only be able to stay in Turkey for a total of 90 days in every 180.

If you plan to remain in Turkey for a period of more than 90 days after 1st February, you should either enquire about longer stay visas from your nearest Turkish Embassy before departure, or if in Turkey, you should enquire at your local Foreigners Police Department (Yabancilar Sube) before 90 days expires. If you stay in Turkey for long periods of time, it may be worth considering obtaining a residence permit.

Be careful not to overstay the 90 day period. Overstaying is taken very seriously by the Turkish Authorities. As is current practice, those who overstay the 90 day limit could be fined, detained, deported and banned from re-entering Turkey.

…fco.gov.uk/en/…important-update

here wishing I was...
Level Contributor
96 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: New Health care and visa rules

Hi SUe, any idea what the new healthcare rules mean for holiday makers?? Have read the update on the FCO site and it makes no sense ot me at all ;~

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,728 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Health care and visa rules

I think the new health care rules apply to ex pats living in Turkey.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,655 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Health care and visa rules

it only applies to expats but some expats do come on this thread

Dublin
Level Contributor
1,487 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Health care and visa rules

I read that the new visa rules have been put on hold.

Bodrum City, Turkey
Destination Expert
for Gumbet
Level Contributor
5,583 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Health care and visa rules

The latest word is that the new visa rules have been put on hold - BUT for certain countries only and nobody knows which countries as yet!!!!!

Jak xx

Liverpool
Level Contributor
1,043 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: New Health care and visa rules

Sue, Why does this thread start "New Health Care Rules" This forum is for tourists and visitors to Icmeler. SCG does not apply to tourists! You are leading touriists astray.

Ruhr Area, Germany
Level Contributor
15,171 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Health care and visa rules

Well,probably most forumites aren´t affected by these new rules but I have noticed that there are a lot of forumites who are staying at Turkey for longer ,even have a house there and staying there regulary. So it might be interesting for them.

We have posted this announcement on our german Turkey forum too.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,655 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Health care and visa rules

As Patara01 says it does not affect tourists but there are a lot of members on here who do live there or stay for long periods of time, so this information useful to some members

here&there
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Health care and visa rules

We've met a few 'long stay' folks.... lucky them to be able to escape our harsh winters.

I'd guess the rules may affect some of them (when they come into effect) so yep, I'd say useful info for some.... thanks Sue.

(p.s. apologies, my brain is full of flu - can't remember if its Affect or Effect.... but you get the gist?)

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,739 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Health care and visa rules

She isn't really leading anyone astray, the post was perfectly clear and there are some people to whom the health care rules may apply.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations