We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

handbags

Which Icmeler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Topic
handbags

hi does any1 know. where the best place is. where i can get good fake bags. thanks

Handforth, United...
Level Contributor
385 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: handbags

All of the stores have similar products so can't really advise a particular shop.

Having had the dubious pleasure of being taken on handbag shopping excursions last year I can say that the best way to get the better quality bags is to check inside the linings of ALL the multitude of places handbags have for holding a purse and make-up!! The poor quality ones will look good on the outside but the linings will be poor (or in some cases missing), the better quality bags have "official" logo lining. The missus got a Paul's Boutique bag, a prada handbag and some other make as well and all are still in good nick (we bought them in August last year). I'd be wary of buying off the market in Icmeler though - people where we stayed bought tobacco which was actually sawdust and the bags people bought didn't last a week before the zips broke. The stores in Icmeler have loads to pick from and are better quality, you can barter and if you think you are going to be paying too much just leave - they normally call you back if they want to deal (they prefer English money as well). I got those 3 bags (the Paul's boutique one being a large bag) for £35 in total - the store owner originally wanted £80 (£40 for large bag and £20 each for smaller ones).

I'm returning for the last 2 weeks in June this year (as we enjoyed Icmeler so much) and no doubt I'll be dragged around shops again hunting for more bloody handbags!! Just how many handbags do women need??

Enjoy the experience!! and expect to be dragged from shop to shop. By the way if you are a person (like me) who hates being hassled then avoid Marmaris indoor market like the plague!! :-)

Edited: 21 February 2012, 09:43
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,587 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: handbags

The best shop in my opinion is next door to the Florida Resturant, ask for Hudo he is a very nice person and give you a good deal

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
3,881 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: handbags

I have to say that I bought a Chloe Paddington bag from the market in Icmeler about six or seven years ago - it's been used virtually every day and still looks as good as new. Just check the quality of anything you buy carefully - whether it's in a shop or a market stall - and haggle for the best possible price.

Portsmouth, United...
Level Contributor
260 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: handbags

Have to agree with Sue Mackey, the store next to the Florida in my opinion is the best. Each time i am in there there is always repeat customers returning to buy more bags. More expensive than most of the shops but the quality is excellent.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
42 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: handbags

I agree with the above posts, the shop next to the Florida has a great selection of bags and all the ones I looked at were much better quality than the market this is of course reflected in the prices. I intend to get a couple of handbags from there on my next visit in June.

wirral
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: handbags

My favourite subject.....

I always get mine from the shop next to Vince's restaurant . Erfan I think his name is. Starts at one price and by the end of the holiday we get it at our price. Excellent quality,

Will have to have a look at Hudo's as well. I keep looking for a Chloe Paddington, but not sure how much to pay, so never buy one.

7. Re: handbags

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 03:17
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler