We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

boat trips

Level Contributor
145 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
boat trips

Have been reading on the Marmaris forum about all the changes goin on and am wondering if this affects the Icmeler boat trips?

Can we still book thru agencys as i was going to do trips with Aprils as they seem to get good rep on here.Probably mean we can't barter now if we were to book trips

Anyway gettin a bit ahead of myself Can we do boattrips is my question ta

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,860 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: boat trips

The Ai ones are just stopping this week let's wait and see what happens later this week.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,674 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: boat trips

Hi

The boat trips are still going ahead, its the all inclusive ones we are not sure about yet, if you look at this link which is on the top questions there is infoormation on boat trips which members have recomended, hope this helps

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g609056-i10890-k…

FALKIRK
Destination Expert
for Marmaris, Armutalan
Level Contributor
16,945 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: boat trips

not good reading fokes

This is the latest information received this morning from Marmaris

so hopefully it will help those on the forum who have so many questions.

Okay, so the news is not good.

The local council has formed a corporation for all of the boats regardless of size or capacity. For any boat to now anchor their boat at the harbour or anywhere in Marmaris they have to belong to this corporation.

The council have now taken the control of all boat trips which means regardless of what excursion shop you go to your money will be taken for a day trip on the boat which will include lunch but no drinks of any description. You will be picked up as normal from your hotel and taken down to the harbour. You will then join a queue and the council officals running that queue will start at the first boat and fill that one, then they will move on to the next boat and so on.

All the money for the boat trips is paid direct to the council, the boats do not handle money at all and the money then goes in to a pot and the council will then pay each boat their money for that day.

This now means that nobody can run a private boat trip anymore. The boats will take what customers have been directed to them from the queue by the council officals, the customers have no say about which boat they go on and the boat people have no say either.

This information was confirmed on Monday.

This has good things and bad things attached to it.

Good things:

1. If a boat has a 70 person capacity this means 70 people will go on that boat only, so a guaranteed sun bed for every person and no over crowding.

2. The price will now be the same for every person and for every boat.

3. If a boat at the end of queue doesn't go out because there were no people left after filling the boats ahead of him, he still gets paid from the council.

Bad things:

1. The customer no longer has freedom of choice

2. The council is giving each boat a set amount towards providing lunch (It is not enough) so this means that drinks which have not been regualted in price by the council will be expensive.

3. The boats get paid no matter what and the chances of getting the same customers back again are slim which will mean the quality of service might be effected.

4. High season you could be queued for over an hour in the hot sun

5. If you are a large party you could get split between 2 boats.

It remains to be seen if this will actually work or not, it was tried back in 2006 and it fell apart by mid June and everything went back to how it was - only time will tell

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: boat trips

Thanks for the update, Stevie. Not good reading for me Im afraid. I like to go on a specific boat, namely Panorama Prenses which leaves for Icmeler. This boat I have been on several times, the food is great and it is a relaxing day with no loud music, just what I want

If I book now this could mean I will end up on any boat potentially with lots of lovely loud music

The above applies to Marmaris I believe. Are you aware if this will also apply in Icmeler

Essex
Level Contributor
340 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: boat trips

How strange it all sounds. Dont fancy not being able to pick the boat I go on.

Does it mean that you will be able to take your own drinks aboard? Would you have to tell the person in charge what trip you want to go on and they tell you if there is enough room. Spose this also means there will be no pick ups from hotels either. Dont know if i'l bother but hopefully by the time I go in August it will be back to normal.

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: boat trips

smc it seems to apply from Icmeler as well. Like you I would prefer a quieter boat, looks like we are not going to get it unless by chance. Have to say I wont be taking that chance! Still going on other trips but looks like to be giving the boats a miss this time. Shame.

Level Contributor
145 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: boat trips

Hopefully it won't come to this and the head honchos will see that they have a lot of disgruntled holidaymakers as well as boat trip owners.

Dawn T it says that they will still pick up and drop off.

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: boat trips

Looks like it has already come to that! So maybe it will change back again when they see just how many disgruntled holidaymakers they have! as well as boat owners!

This looks like a no win situation allround.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,674 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: boat trips

I also only go on the panorama princess so i probably wont go on a boat trip this year

Glasgow
Level Contributor
64 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: boat trips

ICR reckon they will still be doing AI trips if I read correctly. Something about it being a private charter maybe? Bit vague I know, but I definitely read something on there recently re this.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations