We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandy Beaches?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
78 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Sandy Beaches?

Hi everyone,

I'm going to Icmeler on the 13th August & have had a look at the pictures of the main beach. Sadly, I'm not a fan of the pebble beach! The beach is a big deal for me. I love sandy beaches!

Does anyone know where there is like a nice golden sandy beach? We are staying in the Palm Gardens Apartments if that helps.

Thanks

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,159 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandy Beaches?

not sure you will find the beach your looking for im afraid, there is 1 alternative in marmaris, 10mins on dolmus... the section of beach has imported sand so better than shingle... its called demirs beach, restaurant behind it is called demir's also. matt

Edited: 22 May 2012, 12:03
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandy Beaches?

Have a day out to dalyan and visit turtle beach...about 7km of beautiful sandy beach :)

chigwell, essex. uk
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandy Beaches?

How do you get from Icmeler to Dalyan? Is it a long way?

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
78 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandy Beaches?

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, is it far to Dalyan? Do you happen to know what bus to get & how much it will roughly cost?

Thanks!

Edited: 22 May 2012, 23:08
Scotland
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandy Beaches?

Not too sure how far it is from Icmeler as only ever done it from Olu Deniz but it it a gorgeous beach.

Gosport, United...
Level Contributor
6,320 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandy Beaches?

Icmeler is in a glorious area of outstanding natural beauty. Hopefully you'll soon put the lack of sand on a back-burner.

hartlepool, united...
Level Contributor
4,812 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandy Beaches?

Gotta agree with lancasterlad - icmeler beach is stunning just for the scenery and beautiful mountain backdrop. But i live next to a big sandy beach at home so its easy for me to say that i suppose! Or as Matt says, try demirs - the sand is imported but its sand all the same :)

scotland
Level Contributor
590 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandy Beaches?

Hi, if you're looking for sandy beaches you should have flown into Antalya & headed down to Side/Alanya - best sandy beaches.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
3,860 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandy Beaches?

Datca would be the easiest one to go to with a sandy beach and would take you 1 hour, I remember another place 30 minutes away that I visited with my hired car I cant actually remember it's name but I will find out for you and report back as it was with Icmeler locals we went to this beach with and they will tell me in early June when I visit them.

Turkey's top ten beaches are below follow the link provided.

www.turkeytravelplanner.com/special/beach/

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
2,051 posts
239 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandy Beaches?

you will be able to do a day trip to dalyan from icmeler which will include turtle beach as well as a boat trip and the mud baths... It takes about an hour and a half to get there and it is a full day but the day trip is pretty cheap and might just give you your sandy beach fix :)

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler