We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is trip advisor telling me something i DONT need to know?

Doncaster, England...
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Is trip advisor telling me something i DONT need to know?

Hi, my and my partner are going to icmeler in june and are looking for self catering or bb 2 weeks upto £1100 for the two weeks. We have come across so many lovely looking hotels. However, after reading reviews on at least 50 hotels we have ruled out every hotel appart from 2 whic are now fully booked. I dont want to be too picky but want a nice holiday. Are the people who but reviews on hotels being really critical? In most cases had i aught to bother looking at them?

Level Contributor
501 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is trip advisor telling me something i DONT need to know?

I would look how many more good reviews you read than bad as a starter. sometimes people are used to a lot better standard then they get and let it ruin there holiday. for example I went to Mexico last year and read all the write ups on the hotel we booked and was a little worried but when I got there I was blown away by how good it was. when I left my review I looked at the reviews again and noticed all the bad ones were from America . having been to America everything is bigger and better than what we are used to. so they expect it. only been to turkey 4 times but never had a bad hotel. had a few niggles with really minor things but on a whole they've been fine. considering what I am paying. some really good . again considering how much I'm paying. we really liked the club aquarium in June this year and got it for under 1200 for 3 of us for 12 nights.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,674 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is trip advisor telling me something i DONT need to know?

I would have a look at the reviews and weigh up the good and the bad, i have stayed at the senem apartments three times, after i read the reviews this year i was a bit worried, but when i arrived i wondered if the people who wrote the bad reviews had stayed somewhere else as i found nothing wrong with them

essex uk
Level Contributor
21 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is trip advisor telling me something i DONT need to know?

I had booked to go Icmeler, our first time in Turkey and we were staying at the Mirage World. I did the same thing and kept checking TA on the reviews and was dreading it, at one point I went into the travel agents to change the accommodation, anyhow we ended up staying there and really enjoyed it, although wouldnt go back as it was A/I and found Icmeler so cheap to eat out that next year we are staying at Palm Garden. I think some people dont pay much for a holiday and expect it to be a lot more, if they want 5 star then pay the price. We have paid 1500 for 2 weeks for a family holiday in August.

Doncaster, England...
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is trip advisor telling me something i DONT need to know?

I think that's what we're gonna need to do. Weigh up the pro's and cons. Decide if the things that bothered others would bother us. I think trip advisor is a great tool. If used with a bit of sensibility. Thanks everyone!

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is trip advisor telling me something i DONT need to know?

Aaron

Are there any particular hotels/apartments that you are looking at. Perhaps the DE's for Icmeler and other regular posters would be able to advise you

Edited: 30 October 2012, 16:27
Doncaster, England...
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is trip advisor telling me something i DONT need to know?

Bilnur apts are one. There are others, will add them on here as i get them up on the laptop

Doncaster, England...
Level Contributor
67 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is trip advisor telling me something i DONT need to know?

Bilnur apts are one. Avlu 1 apts There are others, will add them on here as i get them up on the laptop

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,772 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is trip advisor telling me something i DONT need to know?

Hi Aaron,,

Here is a link to a thread about these apartments other day,,Hope it helps..

Wendy

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g609056-i10890-k…

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,871 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is trip advisor telling me something i DONT need to know?

The Bilnur apartments look fabulous when I passed them each day this year. There is the original building and the newer part with deluxe apartments. The pool and bar area looked lovely

yorkshire
Level Contributor
12,137 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is trip advisor telling me something i DONT need to know?

we used to look at reviews and think the same... started dreading going to hotels etc... 1 in particular we dreaded was in zante the reviews were shocking.... when we got there it was 1 of the best sc we had stayed in, very basic but very traditional. i suppose its the thing you can please everyone, we now take reviews with a pinch of salt as alot are put on by hotel's competition etc... we usually look at them but weigh the good from the bad and go from there. matt

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations