We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vela Hotel

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Vela Hotel

I have been going to Icmeler for over 10 years now and always said that i would not do all inclusive. We always go S/C and stay in the village

However i found a brilliant deeal at the VELA for May. It works out about £250 dearer than my self catering accomadation, about £20 per day. Now Mrs smc4761 and i are not big drinkers, just a few beers and soft drinks, so is it worth it. Does anyone know what type of beer and soft drinks, the missus only drinks diet cola

what do fellow forumers who have stayed here think of the Vela. the location is excellent right on the square and from the outside it looks lovely.

i have read many reviews and generally they are positve with the main gripe being about the food. can anyone advise what foods you can get for snacks and are they only available at certain times. The same with breakfast and dinner, is it set times?

It will always be my intention to eat out at least every 2 nd night

Any good/bad experiences of this hotel?

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
95 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vela Hotel

We have had a look around the rooms in the Vella, September 2012 rooms looked clean and good size. Managed to get a good deal there, cheaper than our usual bed and breakfast. A lot of the reviews are bad, but it’s only the food they complain about and as we have no intention of eating there much it’s not a problem. The location is more important to me and although we are not big drinkers could save a little on drinks.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vela Hotel

For the difference in price I am beginning to think why not just go for it. i will eat most things although Mrs smc4761 can be a little fussy.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vela Hotel

done a really good search for hotels and have managed to find the Vela at £302 for the fortnight for the 2 of us, which looks really cheap. The price diference between some companies is incredible. Another company I checked were looking for £590 for the same holiday.

if anyone is looking to book I would def recommend spending an hour or 2 online to see the difference is price

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,662 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vela Hotel

The difference in the prices are that not all agents sell the small end rooms and attic rooms, these are classed as economy rooms, so it could be a good price but you could be sold an economy room

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,169 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vela Hotel

Which agent is selling it at £302 each?

What date was that for?

I would consider it if it was flying with Jet 2 .

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,662 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vela Hotel

If it was a cheap price Knitter it could be an attic room or a smaller room

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vela Hotel

this was through HOTEL4U.com for the middle 2 weeks in May

Still wondering if anyone has stayed there and what the thoughts were.

Sue, one thing just about all of the reports i have read comment on are that the rooms are large

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,662 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vela Hotel

Smc just be careful as I was told that the end rooms are smaller, might not be a problem, but just giving you the heads up that they could be attic rooms, just check before you decide to book

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
567 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vela Hotel

I haven't stayed here but friends of mine have.

They stayed in 2010 and loved it, food was good, rooms were quite big, nice pool and garden area.

The food I understand is served at set times, there is breakfast, lunch, mid afternoon snacks and evening dinner. The beer I believe is Tubourg, local spirits available and soft drinks water with the all inclusive

They stayed again last year and although enjoyed their stay the food wasn't as good as the year before. They had also paid for a pool view room but ended up facing the square but this wasn't a problem, a quick word with the receptionist and soon sorted with a room switch

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,845 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vela Hotel

The rooms on offer are "Promo rooms" and since I last looked the price has gone up with hotels4u.com but has dropped with alpharooms

Just waiting on a response from Hotels4 u as to what a promo room is

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations