We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time in Icmeler!

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
First time in Icmeler!

Hi,

We are looking at staying at Pinewood or Palm Garden Apartments. Does anyone know if both have safes in the rooms? I assume they do but it doesn't mention it on the Thomson website.

Also, do you need vaccinations when travelling to Turkey? If so, are they free and how do you go about getting them? GP?

Hoping to go on a few trips too. Compared trips from Thomson with those offered by local companies... it looks like they offer the same kind of thing but local companies are much cheaper. Are they ok to use? I worry about if they are insured etc!

Exchanging money - always best to exchange when you arrive? Don't have a credit card so it will be cash.

Thank you in advance.

Sarah

scotland
Level Contributor
977 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time in Icmeler!

Hi Sarah,

never stayed at Pinewood so can't comment but Palm Garden definitely has safes in all rooms.

We stayed here last year and loved it so much that we are going back in 6 weeks.

They are in a great location, set back in a secluded area which is literally 5 minutes round the corner from the centre so you get the best of both worlds.

Just round the corner is a little booth manned by Silver John who is a real character and where you can get all your trips booked for a fraction of the Thomson prices. Book them all together for the best deal.

Vaccinations are not necessary for Turkey but it is up to yourself if you want to have them. We have taken our three children to Turkey for the past few years and have never felt the need tbh.

You will absolutely love Icmeler, I can promise you that. So much to see and do and lovely people.

Hope this helps.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
567 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time in Icmeler!

Hi Sarah

You dont need vaccinations to travel to Turkey but some GPs recommend them, i would check with your GP also it may effect your travel insurance if you dont have them.

Excursions are cheaper in resort, i use Icmeler Online as i know they are fully insured.

You can get a better exchange rate in resort also, use the little supermarkets or restaraunts to change your money. Avoid the change offices if you can there have been reports of scams going on of people not getting the right amount back for their money.

Sorry i dont know about the safes, not stayed there im sure they will have them but whether they are in the apartments or in reception i dont know im affraid. Maybe someone has said on their reviews.

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time in Icmeler!

Nothing I can really add to what has been said other than be prepared for a shock at the prices at Dalaman Airport on your return. Prepare sandwiches,etc before you return and take some fruit as liquids are not allowed through passport control. Prices in the airport are very,very expensive.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
567 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time in Icmeler!

Hmm never thought of taking fruit to Dalaman, thanks Iain!

Usually just take sandwiches and crisps lol

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,759 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time in Icmeler!

Icmelergirl

As you know, the fruit in resort is fresh and ripe and makes a nice change from water/cola. Sometimes we don't even bother with sandwiches and just take a bag of fruit.

Iain

Handforth, United...
Level Contributor
403 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time in Icmeler!

Palm Garden do have safes in the rooms (In the wardrobe). Like most accommodation the safe and air conditioning is an extra payment on arrival

Whoops I see bonvoyage had already answered your question. Doh!

Edited: 26 May 2013, 16:15
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
567 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time in Icmeler!

Excellent idea Iain, ill be taking some peaches and grapes with me this time lol

Love the peaches in resort, so juicy and tasty, not like here hard as a rock!!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,171 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First time in Icmeler!

We just arrived back on Friday morning and were allowed a 330ml bottle of water in our hand luggage.

A lady I spoke to said she had 3 small cartons of orange juice which were allowed.

Edited: 26 May 2013, 17:55
Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time in Icmeler!

This will be our 3rd year in icmeler and we never had injections but hv arranged ti hv them this year purely for the insurance side of it also gp advised to hv them. Just give your surgery a call. Better to be safe than sorry. They are free. I had to use my insurance last year for an emergency gall bladder removal thankfully it wasn't a pre existing condition that i had not declared. Dnt forget your £10 each for your visa too.

Angus
Level Contributor
257 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time in Icmeler!

Hiya, vaccinations are purely up to yourself but every year we go I Always complete a travel form from my GP and if there is any vaccinations required the nurse gives you a call. Palm gardens have safes in the wardrobes in the bedrooms. Great hotel, friendly staff, great food , very clean and within a 5 min walk of the square and not much further to the beach very central. You can change money at the hotel but you will probably get a slightly better rate out and about, you can use a switch card at the locally bank which is a 2 min. Walk.

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations