We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Turkey resorts October?

Manchester, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Turkey resorts October?

Hi can anyone give me some information on which resort is the best to stay in Turkey in October? Its for me and my boyfriend both mid 20's. We don't want somewhere that is extremely lively, or anywhere where there is nothing going on, also somewhere with a nice beach. I have read Marmaris is a little bit like Blackpool, and that Icmeler is really bad for wasps ( I have a terrible phobia of them, and it would just ruin the holiday for me). I have also read Gumbet is very lively? Has anybody been to alanya? Once I have decided on the resort, I can finally pick a hotel. Thank you in advance for any responses I get.

Woking, United...
Destination Expert
for Side
Level Contributor
6,334 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Turkey resorts October?

One of the nicest beaches in Turkey is in Side - in fact the 2nd longest sandy beach in all of Turkey. Side also has - turtles - Roman ruins - an active amphitheatre - Apollo Temple where Anthony and Cleopatra fell in love and where honeymooners have their photo taken at sunset - a Saturday market - lots of shops, bars and restaurants - a pretty harbour - a long promenade that goes on for miles and miles by the coast with little bars and restaurants dotted along the way.

October is a lovely month in Side - hot but not tooooo hot like July or August - and still lots going on - including day trips to go white water rafting - boat trips - jeep safari etc - take a look at Side Forum page and top right Top Questions About Side.

Excellent hotels there include Side Prenses - Sentido Perissia - Barut Andiz (adults only over 16) - Barut Hemera - or for a smaller hotel that is only £16 per night - The Beach House Hotel which has its own private beach and is only minutes from the shops and sights yet on a quiet street - or Connys.

Antalya airport is only 50 minutes away from Side too.

Edited: 12 August 2013, 15:51
Surrey
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Turkey resorts October?

I have been to Alanya, the beach is lovely there. Resort is quite lively but most apartments etc are a little out of the centre if I remember correctly. On the way down the main road into town there are plenty of restaurants & bars. Icmeler of course is lovely and is still mostly open in October. Again, beach is nice, great promenade to walk down to have eating & drinking evenings. One nightclub but would probably be really quiet then, loads of bars though to choose from.

Manchester, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Turkey resorts October?

Hi thank you very much for your replies. We decided on olu deniz, and have just booked :). We are going on the 17th October - 27th October, I did want to go a little earlier in the month ideally, So I'm hoping the weather will still be nice at that time in October.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
692 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Turkey resorts October?

Some of the locals told me it was nice weather all the way into November last year, so if last year is anything to go by you should be ok.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Turkey resorts October?

I do hope it is warm in October, I've not been as late as I am going this time and I need some sun!!!

6. Re: Turkey resorts October?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2014, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations