We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How hot really?

Level Contributor
2 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
How hot really?

Hi,

Just wondering what the average temp is at the moment. All weather websites are saying 32 but our friends that were over last week are saying around 54 degrees.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How hot really?

54 degrees will probably be in direct sunlight. Think the highest temp ever in Turkey is only just pver 50 and that was not on the coast. When it gets really hot its around 45 degrees but more typically around 40 degrees, which is still way too hot for me. Even the slightest movement in that heat will make you sweat, or perspire for the ladies

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,764 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How hot really?

Highest ever recorded temperature in Turkey was 48. There is no way it will ever be 54, that would be hotter than the Sahara or Death Valley :o

It will most likely be mid 30s or high 30s at the very most.

Don't believe what you hear, the weather sites are pretty accurate.

bristol
Level Contributor
287 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How hot really?

but if you are sunbathing you lay out in the sun, not in the shade .

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,764 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How hot really?

Weather websites don't record in the sun though, nor do you get sun readings when you hear the weather report on tv or the radio. Readings taken in the sun are not accurate, which is why they are always done in the shade.

It is confusing to people if they hear all different kinds of temperatures so it is best to only get information from weather sites.

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,312 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How hot really?

I always think that if its say 38 in the shade, add about 5 or even 10 for direct sunlight temps. I also noticed in July that it was hotter around 3 in the afternoon and not midday sun. Either way, high factor all the way for anyone pale and plenty of water.

United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Treasure Island, Orlando
Level Contributor
5,941 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How hot really?

My sister in law just arrived in icmeler , said it 40 now was gonna bring a cardie if it was cooler!!! Lol

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,880 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How hot really?

Think the most important thing to remeber is in high season it is very hot and you need to use a high factor suncream. If you are like me and folically challenged, also best to wear a hat

wales
Level Contributor
233 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How hot really?

hello.............we got back on 21st August and we had 2 weeks of boiling weather. it reached 50 and at night it went down to 34, very humid at night with no air but,,, that's why we go for the heat :-)

London
Destination Expert
for Gumbet, Bitez
Level Contributor
9,764 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How hot really?

How do you know it was 50? Where did you get that figure from?

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
42 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How hot really?

We have just got back digital reading at the canal opposite Venice bar was between 41 & 45 at miday reading outside money exchange opp the square in the day was ave 42 evening was around 32 @ 11 pm so wish we were back there it was our 1st time in turkey & we already looking at booking for next year thxs ian

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler