We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

End of september too late?

Alva, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Topic
End of september too late?

We as a family of 7 have booked 2 weeks in Icmeler from 26th september this year . We have been told that this is a bad time to go due to weather , bars and restaurant's being closed etc . Please can anyone confirm if this is true or not ? We have been looking forward to this holiday so much as one of my sons is off to the navy shortly after we get back .Please help .

Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,748 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: End of september too late?

I don't think you have anything to worry about going at that time. The weather should still be excellent and everything will still be up and running. I've been 2 or 3 times the 1st 2 weeks in October and in my experience the weather didn't start to change until during the 2nd week when there could be some rain. The bars and restaurants usually start to wind down from the middle of October.

Alva, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: End of september too late?

Thank you very much IainD thats good to know . Very much appreciated .

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
673 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: End of september too late?

I went on 28 September last year & as Iain said the daytime weather was fine but it was cooler in the evenings so make sure you take a jacket or cardy.

Edited: 26 February 2014, 09:09
edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,117 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: End of september too late?

I think September's actually quite a nice time to visit, as the resort is that bit quieter, but there's still plenty to see and do and most places are still open. Weather is usually pretty good too.

Alva, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: End of september too late?

Thanks for your answers chezza100 and blondiescot really appreciated .

Surrey
Level Contributor
1,281 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: End of september too late?

I'm going September 27th for one week and have been before early October so you should have no problems enjoying yourselves.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
785 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: End of september too late?

I prefer going in September as July and August are too hot and crowded, so I'm figuring on 1st week of September.

I have friends who live in Turkey - so I'm lucky -so we will hire a car and travel as much as we can in my 2-week slot. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alva, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: End of september too late?

Thak you sammig30 andTanji20 i have a feeling we are in for an excellent time judging by all the replies .

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,764 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: End of september too late?

We were in Icmeler from the 28th Sept to 5th Oct last year and the weather was lovely till the 1st Oct,when we had a massive thunderstorm from late afternoon till about 11am the next day.the sun then came back out and was lovely for the rest of our holiday all though it did get chillier at night after that..There was lots of bars, restaurants and shops open..We will most probably be back again the same week this year as well as our 2 weeks in June...

I am sure you will have a fab time :)

Wendy

Alva, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: End of september too late?

Thanks Wendy , Icmeler sounds like its a wonderful place .

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler