We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dolmus/Bus Trips

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Dolmus/Bus Trips

Advise please, we have been to Fetheyi, Kalkan and Dalyan so far and have booked Icmeler for September. We have used public transport from the other resorts to travel around to other areas and enjoyed some good day trips that way, can anyone give us ideas of where we can travel to from our Icmeler base? We are staying back in the Old Village at Oren Hill Aparts.

Mentioned in this post
Dalyan
Dalyan
Mugla Province, Turkey
Glasgow
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dolmus/Bus Trips

From Icmeler itself you can get to the neighbouring resorts of Turunc and Marmaris either by Dolmus or Water Taxi. To go further afield you will have to go to the Otogar in Marmaris where you will find a fairly wide choice of destinations. One I would recommend is Akyaka which is about 40 minutes on the dolmus from Marmaris. A fairly small resort which is easy to explore. You can also take a trip down the river from there. I actually preferred this to the trip down the river from Dalyan to Turtle Beach. I'm sure however others will come on with further suggestions.

Mentioned in this post
Turunc
Turunc
Mugla Province, Turkey
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Akyaka
Akyaka
Mugla Province, Turkey
Dalyan
Dalyan
Mugla Province, Turkey
edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,694 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dolmus/Bus Trips

Yes, Akyaka is lovely - we also went to Datca for the day, which was a nice day out with some spectacular scenery on the way. As Iain says, you can easily get the dolmus to the otogar in Marmaris and hop on a bus to various destinations from there. Thinking of maybe trying Mugla this time...

Mentioned in this post
Akyaka
Akyaka
Mugla Province, Turkey
Datca
Datca
Mugla Province, Turkey
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Mugla
Mugla
Mugla Province, Turkey
Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,955 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dolmus/Bus Trips

In all my years of going to Icmeler I have only ever ventured as far as Turunc. Can anyone advise where the Otogar in Mammaris is. From there is it a dolmus or bus to Akyaka, as I quite like the sound of this

Mentioned in this post
Turunc
Turunc
Mugla Province, Turkey
Akyaka
Akyaka
Mugla Province, Turkey
London, United...
Level Contributor
519 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dolmus/Bus Trips

I am sure you will love Icmeler, the dolmus will take you to or from the old village. We stayed in Sahin Palace on my last visit and it was OK walking the 1.5km to the beach but much better to ride back.

You can bus to Marmaris or Turunc but the water taxi to either is lovely and you can buy return tickets or get the bus back.

Unless you are prepared to go to Marmaris and travel on from there the number of places to visit are limited. But Icmeler and the old village have lots of to offer. I like either end of the beach and the area in front of Hotel Aqua (they may charge for sunbeds but their food is very reasonable). If you go to the promemade and turn left you can walk to Marmaris or just to the little beach a little way out from Icmeler.

The water in the bay is so calm - have done a few of the boat trips over the years and I just remember them gliding along.

I would love to take my grandsons (8 & 9) to Icmeler but I think Sian Park in Tenerife is winning at the moment.

Do have a wonderful holiday - September is a lovely time to go!

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Turunc
Turunc
Mugla Province, Turkey
Hotel Aqua
Hotel Aqua
2,479 Reviews
Icmeler, Turkey
Tenerife
Tenerife
Canary Islands, Spain
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dolmus/Bus Trips

Thanks all for your quick responses - great to know we can go further afield if we go into Marmaris Otagar. Love using the local transport and really excited about exploring a new resort in beautiful Turkey!

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
4,694 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dolmus/Bus Trips

We just got on the usual dolmus to Marmaris and after he had dropped most of the passengers off in the centre, we just told him we wanted to go to the otogar and that was it. If I remember rightly, there's a Shell petrol station and there's a road which goes off to the right just past it which leads to the otogar.

Once you get off at the otogar, you will see various dolmuses all clearly marked with their destination - including Akyaka. If you want to venture further afield, there are coaches - again, it's usually pretty obvious where they are going, but there are members of staff around who will be happy to point you in the right direction. If you're getting the coach, you then walk up to the ticket offices at the far end of the car park, buy your ticket and off you go!

Edited: 02 March 2014, 18:30
Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Akyaka
Akyaka
Mugla Province, Turkey
The New Forest, UK
Level Contributor
5,002 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Dolmus/Bus Trips

Marmaris otogar is here - wikimapia.org/…b

Mentioned in this post
Marmaris
Marmaris
Mugla Province, Turkey
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
352 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dolmus/Bus Trips

What an interesting thread. I quite fancy doing a day out like this just not sure if ot would be too much for the kids. We are staying at the Oren as well in July.

Mentioned in this post
Oren
Oren
Mugla Province, Turkey
Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
352 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dolmus/Bus Trips

What an interesting thread. I quite fancy doing a day out like this just not sure if ot would be too much for the kids. We are staying at the Oren as well in July.

Mentioned in this post
Oren
Oren
Mugla Province, Turkey
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dolmus/Bus Trips

We will definitely try the Akyaka trip any other suggestions from anyone as good locations within say 1 hours journey???

Mentioned in this post
Akyaka
Akyaka
Mugla Province, Turkey
Get answers to your questions about Icmeler
Recent Conversations