We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Company gone into administration

Which Icmeler hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,555 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Company gone into administration

http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/Articles/2014/03/07/47191/on+holiday+group+enters+administration.html

This is also part of holiday nights, i hope this hasnt affected anyone

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
633 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Company gone into administration

This company does have an ATOL licence so people are covered and can claim their money back but even so its really sad when this happens, for both customers and staff.

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,555 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Company gone into administration

It is sad I know when it happened to me just a few weeks before I went away a few years ago I was shocked. As I had paid on my credit card I managed to get my money back in four weeks and the credit card company paid for the extra money I had to pay out for my new flight

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,555 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Company gone into administration

Atol is only covering the flight part of a full package

It does not cover the accommodation and the on holiday group are now telling people that they will have to pay again in resort for their accommodations and then ask for a refund when they get back

edinburgh, scotland
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
3,756 posts
160 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Company gone into administration

Happened to us a couple of years ago too and it's not a very pleasant experience, even if you do manage to get your money back relatively quickly and smoothly. Hope those affected manage to get something sorted out...

CHESTER
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
6,549 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Company gone into administration

Worth mentioning that if anyone has booked accomodation through travelrepublic and others to check their confirmations to see who they booked them with.We booked accomodation a few months ago with travelrepublic and on checking it was with onholidaygroup !! fortunatly we decided to cancel recently and book to stay somewhere else and with a different company.

rotherham
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Company gone into administration

Some Questions and Answers on this link.

independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/on-…

Wendy

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
633 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Company gone into administration

Hi Sue

Yes you're right Atol doesn't cover accommodation booked seperately, only if booked as part of a package.

DIY holidays booked through different providers are not covered.

I didn't make that clear.

Glasgow, United...
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
1,667 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Company gone into administration

Sorry to hear about this and I feel for those who may have booked with them.

Like Sue, a holiday I booked a few years ago the company went bust and this only happened around a few weeks before we left. Thanks to some great advice from Sue I also managed to get rebooked.

The problem is the more small companies go bust this will leave us in the hands of the big tour operators. The prices charged by them particularly THOMSON are ridiculous

southport
Destination Expert
for Icmeler
Level Contributor
6,555 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Company gone into administration

Thats right chezza. Looks like alot of people including hoteliers will be out of pocket. If you have paid by credit or debit card people may be able to get their money back that way

Manchester, United...
Destination Expert
for Marmaris
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Company gone into administration

known company on holiday have other partners as well which is fresh holidays or 118 ones,only onholiday gone bust others on service still,fully atol bonded no worrys,who are booked this company please contact to www.caa.co.uk within 6 and 9 month money will be returning to your accounts

company had a problem in Spain actually,wasnt about bad credits

Get answers to your questions about Icmeler