We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Confused. Greenland Hotel - First Choice or Thomas Cook

North East England
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Confused. Greenland Hotel - First Choice or Thomas Cook

I'm looking for a little advise. I've been looking and reading the reviews of the Greenland Hotel and it looks fab. I've been to Turkey a few times the last being the holiday village in Sarigerme which we hated as there was no Turkish culture.

What I'm wondering is Ive been looking for July 2013 (when kids break up) and have found this hotel with First Choice and Thomas Cook (actually Direct Holidays) but FC is coming up over £1000 more. I've never flown with Thomas Cook and was wondering is there a catch or will anything be different apart from my purse if I book with Thomas Cook.

Many Thanks

Scotland
Level Contributor
2,945 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Confused. Greenland Hotel - First Choice or Thomas Cook

Think it will just be your purse! Thomas cook flights are not the best but apart from that Im sure it will be the same package with a smaller price. For £1000 less you can then afford to book extra leg room with TC!

Wigan, United...
Level Contributor
190 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Confused. Greenland Hotel - First Choice or Thomas Cook

Try jet 2 we got a bargain for june at the greenland

south west england
Level Contributor
434 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Confused. Greenland Hotel - First Choice or Thomas Cook

defo your purse...we are going to the greenland hotel in august and the price was a lot cheaper with thomas cook....thomas cook are fine we have flown with them for 8 years to cuba and i got to say we always had good service from them.

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
3,749 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Confused. Greenland Hotel - First Choice or Thomas Cook

Legroom on TC short haul flights is terrible. As Alison 890 has said, use some of the money saved to book extra legroom seats. The price differential is interesting, I have been looking at holidays to Mexico and TC came out about £1500 cheaper for 2 people 2 weeks in what appears to be identical accommodation.

North East England
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Confused. Greenland Hotel - First Choice or Thomas Cook

Mexico is fab. We flew with Thomsons and the leg room was great. My sister flew to Florida with FC and she said it was horrid as same plane as short haul. Enjoy Mexico.

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
18 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Confused. Greenland Hotel - First Choice or Thomas Cook

Hi. I am going to the Greenland in July this year with First Choice. I have booked with Thomas Cook in the past but this year the number of flights they offer from my local airport has decreased greatly. This is since Thomas Cook reported a massive loss in profit and job losses. I booked really early and the difference in price was not that much. If I had to travel to another airport what I would have saved would be taken up in petrol/parking. All first choice holidays are now all inclusive too I dont know if that makes a difference to your price. I do not find Thomas Cook a great company to deal with. The flights are usually horrendous and cramped and there is very little customer service before or during your holiday. Will be lucky to see a rep in two weeks! hope this helps :0)

Newcastle, United...
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Confused. Greenland Hotel - First Choice or Thomas Cook

Try Jet2, we go with them soon, prices much cheaper than First Choice

Level Contributor
114 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Confused. Greenland Hotel - First Choice or Thomas Cook

Hi I asked the same question 2 Thomas cook representative and she told me, it was because the hotel is exclusive 2 TC , but only a few rooms are available 2 first choice, if this helps :)

9. Re: Confused. Greenland Hotel - First Choice or Thomas Cook

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 June 2013, 20:45
Get answers to your questions about Ovacik
Recent Conversations