We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Average cost of things in Turkey?

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Average cost of things in Turkey?

Me and my other half are going to Ovacik on the 31st of May, just wondering how much it costs in general to go out and about, cigarettes, meals, buses, clothes etc.....

Hoping the weather's going to brighten up for when we go, its a bit wet over there at the moment!

Rosehearty, United...
Level Contributor
10,190 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Average cost of things in Turkey?

Maryana - no it is not a bit wet at the moment.

prices -

fags - 4 lira for Turkish brands - 10 lira for imported ones

meals - depends where you go and what you eat, light snack and cold drink 4 to 5 lira full 3 course meal starts at about 20 lira for something basic.

Buses - depends where you are going but in general from Ovacık you will not pay more than 4 lira to the farthest destination.

Clothes - cheaper in the UK

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Average cost of things in Turkey?

Ive been looking at the weather on Met-office lately and they reckon it's not too great. Thanks for the rough guide on prices, its very helpful, just trying to work out how much money we will need over the two weeks.

shipley,west...
Level Contributor
1,034 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Average cost of things in Turkey?

I was there last year and found it good value, the food we had was nice and a good price cant remember how much we paid for each meal but was happy with it.

Canterbury, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Average cost of things in Turkey?

We have just come back and apart from a thunderstorm early friday morning and an overcast day sat the weather was great, we always look at the predicted forcasts before we go, this hol they had said rain for most of it, thankfully they were wrong, so my advice forget the forcasts and take each day as it comes.

uk
Level Contributor
492 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Average cost of things in Turkey?

Maryana, we budget on £50 per day for two of us which includes transport and food and drinks. Same days we spent more some days less but it evened out at about £50 per day. Just bear in mind we are not massive drinkers.

Bolton
Level Contributor
16 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Average cost of things in Turkey?

Hi,

Me and my friend went for 5 days to icmeler - we stayed bed and breakfast and between us for the 5 days we spent around £100 on food (eating out all the time) we were sight seeing a lot too and hit the markets in total we spent £450 altogether that's on food, clothes, taxis/buses) food wise is cheap and big portions !

Weather was ok when we went (last month) xx

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,452 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Average cost of things in Turkey?

maryanat

You will find some lovely restaurants in Ovacik where they have 3 course tourist menus for around 15-20 turkish lira. Most of the restaurants give you free bread and dips to start with. Theres a few restaurants on the main road in Ovacik that we really liked Angels, 3 Cheers, Mirage and Rockpool.

Theres also loads of nice restaurants right next door in Hisaronu. We liked Robin Hood and Mama Mia to name a few.

Theres a lovely little bakery (right opposite AZDA) on the main road in Ovacik. They sell lovely fresh baked rolls and bread and it is so cheap. If you are on a budget you can make good use of this little shop.

Have a great time.

Colchester, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Average cost of things in Turkey?

Thanks to everyone for the advice, we are not massive drinkers either so i think our rough budget of £100 a day should get us by just fine for two weeks! We're going next Thursday so we're on countdown and enjoying the weather we have here at the moment.

Thanks all!

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
6,452 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Average cost of things in Turkey?

maryana

Your budget sounds fine!

darwen
Level Contributor
340 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Average cost of things in Turkey?

£100 this year with the exchange rate fluctuation will mean at least YTL270 that is easily enough for each day.

Get answers to your questions about Ovacik
Recent Conversations