We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Yengec for meal

UK
Level Contributor
175 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Yengec for meal

Has anyone booked a table at the Yengec by email? I would like to book a table for my partner & I when we go in 4 weeks time. I Have emailed the hotel but not received a reply. Has anyone any experience of how long it normally takes them to respond or should I ring them?

Billingham, United...
Level Contributor
304 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Yengec for meal

Hi Sue, We had our anniversary meal there last year, its the best restaurant by far. I emailed to book and got a reply within couple days. It is always full so try not to have a specific day for your meal. Hope you get sorted.

Phil

UK
Level Contributor
175 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Yengec for meal

Thanks Phil, I would really like to eat there for my partners b'day. How long in advance did you email? Sue

Edinburgh
Level Contributor
185 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Yengec for meal

Hi Sue,

I booked via email about 3 weeks before we went for my wife's birthday. The restaurant is run by a lovely English family with Turkish staff. I think I got a reply the next day confirming the booking and my order for them to bake a cake.

At this time of year booking in advance is essential to avaiod disappointment. How long ago did you send your first email?

One thought though...check your spam/junk folder as your email provider may have filtered it automatically.

If all else fails I would phone them...

Dave.H

Edited: 12 August 2014, 12:36
UK
Level Contributor
175 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Yengec for meal

Thanks Dave, I sent my email on Saturday, so I am maybe being a little impatient.....I have checked my spam folder but nothing there either. I will leave it for a few more days and if I do not hear from them I will phone. Thanks again for your help. Sue

Sheffield
Destination Expert
for Ovacik, Hisaronu
Level Contributor
2,292 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Booking Yengec for meal

suzie090. If you can not get a booking for the yengec, then think about the Aubergine Restaurant in Ovacik. I have eaten at both these restaurant many times, & IMO the Aubergine is just as good.

One thing in the yengec favour is the setting. But having a 2nd choice is no bad thing.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Yengec for meal

I emailed yengec in June to book a table before we left on holiday,it was about a week before I got a reply,but by this time we were in turkey and had taken a walk down to the restaurant and were lucky enough to get a booking. It was the end of our ten day stay before they could fit us in as they are very busy. I would also highly recommend Aubergine and Shiraz in ovacik. You have a few weeks until you go so I'm sure yengec will have been in touch to get something arranged.

UK
Level Contributor
175 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Yengec for meal

Thanks Lulabel & Lynn, hopefully they will get back to me, as you say there is plenty of time. We ate several times last year at Aubergines & also thought it was excellent

& will definitely go back there this year at some point. Not been to Shiraz but will bear that in mind too. As Lulabel says it's always good to have a 2nd choice. Thanks again. Sue

Northampton, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Yengec for meal

Hi i have we going end august and replied to say all booked. Regards Sam

UK
Level Contributor
175 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking Yengec for meal

Unhappy 2008, how long did it take for you to get a reply? Glad to hear you are all booked...Enjoy.

purley
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Booking Yengec for meal

Hi, I emailed Lucy yesterday and got a response today and got the Saturday evening we wanted

Get answers to your questions about Ovacik
Recent Conversations