We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to marmaris

purley
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get to marmaris

Hi all

Going to ovacik for the first time after many trips to marmaris would like to go there for an evening though what's the best way to get there and how far away is it !!

Thanks for any help.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to marmaris

Long way to go for an evening, think its approx 150 km, I've also gone to Marmaris on many occasions & like you visited Ovacik for first time in August & loved it. Didn't think I'd ever say this bit I'm in no hurry to go back to Marmaris, where you staying?

purley
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to marmaris

Ok thanks for that we are staying at Orka Park villas !! Nice to know you liked ovacik been a little worried I may have made a bad choice how would you compare the 2 ?

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get to marmaris

Orka park is on the main road through Ovacik. Marmaris is much livelier than Ovacik but your within walking distance to Hisaronu who's main strip is very busy at a nighttime with bars galore. Ovacik has some great resteraunts & we ate in a different one every night in our two week stay. The one big difference is that there is virtually no hassle in Ovacik. Think the standards of food are of better quality & cheaper which is a boost. Marmaris is far bigger than Ovacik but I loved Ovacik & felt that the shops,resteraunts really valued the custom. Hope the above helps & enjoy your holds, I'm already looking at next year!

purley
Level Contributor
2,260 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get to marmaris

That's great thanks for the info Jim only a week to go now can't wait !!

Scotland, United...
Destination Expert
for Fethiye
Level Contributor
14,185 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get to marmaris

To get to Marmaris you have to get the dolmus to Fethiye (about 20 minutes) then get the Bus from the Bus Station which takes about 2 1/2 hours and costs £9.00 single. So you would be around 6 hours return.

I would also try Fethiye if I were you lots of very good restaurants and lively bars.

6. Re: Best way to get to marmaris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Ovacik
Recent Conversations