We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train or bus informatiom from London Heathrow to Cromer

Hudson, Wisconsin...
1 post
Save Topic
Train or bus informatiom from London Heathrow to Cromer

How easy is it to travel t from Heathrow to Cromer ?

Travel time and distance?

Train or bus information?

5 replies to this topic
London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,020 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train or bus informatiom from London Heathrow to Cromer

By train: you would need to make your way to London Liverpool Street by Underground, including a change of lines en-route. From Liverpool Street, train to Norwich (2 hours, every 30 minutes - but check if travelling at a weekend as engineering work sometimes disrupts this route). Then local train Norwich to Cromer, another hour. Trains on both lines are operated by National Express East Anglia.

http://www.nationalexpresseastanglia.com

By coach (bus): National Express have a direct coach from London to Norwich which takes about three hours. From Norwich, Sanders Coaches bus services 44/X44 to Cromer take just over an hour.

As an alternative, National Express run one coach a day from London Victoria to Cromer, leaving at 14.30 and arriving at 19.15. You can catch a coach from Heathrow Airport, Central Bus Station, to connect with it.

www.nationalexpress.com/coach/index.cfm

sanderscoaches.com/timetables/service.aspx…

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
333 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train or bus informatiom from London Heathrow to Cromer

I thought there was an occasional direct service from Liverpool Street to Cromer but that's clearly not the case, but I thought there was maybe summer time only but I can't find it, I am sorry about that, by train you'd need to change at Norwich and I can confirm that it will be the same station in Norwich, as I've seen that myself.

I'm just saying this because I read about it somewhere on the National express website and something mentioned on bbc look east sometime back but it is clearly not running at present.

London
Destination Expert
for London
Level Contributor
21,020 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train or bus informatiom from London Heathrow to Cromer

I think there may have been the occasional direct train from London to Cromer in recent years, but there certainly aren't any now.

The only trains which run beyond Norwich now are the Summer Saturday-only trains between London Liverpool Street and Great Yarmouth.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,859 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train or bus informatiom from London Heathrow to Cromer

Adding to wirewipers post, you can take a National Express coach (Coach NX403) from Heathrow (pick up for Terminal 1,2&3 is 12:30 (mid day) and then change coaches in central London (Victoria Coach Station) taking that 14:30 departure out of London. You can buy one through ticket which will be around £25 (they sometimes have discount fares).

There are other coaches into London from other terminals - T5 has a connection using service SH033 which departs 11:20 AM.

The National Express coaches are pretty good these days and have restrooms etc. on board.

UK
Level Contributor
79 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train or bus informatiom from London Heathrow to Cromer

Alternatively you could also consider

Train London Kings Cross journey time approx 50 mins

Bus X1 - First group.com from Peterborough to Kings Lynn - approx 1 hr 15 mins

Coast Hopper bus (Norfolk Green) Kings Lynn to Cromer - approx 2 hrs

Which ever way you do it it not a simple trip & there are several changes so a consideration is how much luggage you have, how much time you have and also how much money do you want to spend. Maybe if money not too much of an issue hiring a taxi/driver would be an option prebooking with a local Norfolk company rather than picking up a taxi at the airport.

Or how about hiring a car yourself or isn't that a possiblity.

Edited: 26 January 2012, 21:45
Reply to: Train or bus informatiom from London Heathrow to Cromer
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cromer