We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Newark Airport

Minnesota
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Topic
Transportation from Newark Airport

Is there a good way to reach Morristown (The Madison Hotel) using public transportation, or must we take a taxi from the Newark Airport? We will arrive at the airport at 5:08 p.m. on a Friday and fly out again around 10 a.m. Monday. I'm assuming we must take a taxi, but thought I'd ask, just in case there is another, more economical, option. Any advice about using a taxi? Thank you. I appreciate your time.

6 replies to this topic
Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,776 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation from Newark Airport

You can take the train.

www.njtransit.com

enter Newark Airport into Origin Station and Morristown into Destination Station. Then a taxi from the train station to your hotel.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation from Newark Airport

The easiest way would be to take the Go bus (28) from Newark airport to Broad street train station in Newark

www.njtransit.com/var/var_servlet.srv…

and then The Morris train line right to Morristown

www.njtransit.com/rg/rg_servlet.srv…

You can get there by train directly from the airport but that would require a monorail to a train to a light rail to another train, and would take much longer. With bags this is much easier

Loch Arbour, New...
Destination Expert
for New Jersey
Level Contributor
3,776 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation from Newark Airport

Where would they be on the light rail? Airtrain to Newark Airport Station then to Secaucus Jct. then train to Morristown....

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,456 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation from Newark Airport

I thonk the go 28 bus (Depending on your luggage) to Broad Street would be your best bet. Be careful at Broad Street as 3 lines go into there. Here are a few links

www.njtransit.com

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28951-i77-k296347…

www.visitnj.org

Minnesota
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation from Newark Airport

Wow. Thank you all for your help. After looking at all the information you've offered, I'm thinking that, with the luggage we have, we should just spring for a taxi after all. We will have had a very long day of travel, and trying to find where we need to be might be too much for us after all, especially since we have very little experience with buses and trains. Thank you again. I appreciate your taking the time to answer my question.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
148 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation from Newark Airport

Sorry Suzy I forgot about the secacus route I was thinking light rail from Penn station to broad street station

Edited: 09 September 2013, 23:10
Reply to: Transportation from Newark Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Morristown