We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial in April

Dubai
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial in April

I would like to visit Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial in April 2008. But I could not find any "One Day Bus tours" during this time. Seems only way is to rent a car and go around myself. Is that so? Please help.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,285 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial in April

Here's a few companies you may want to contact to see if they have any tours in April. Most seem to start mid May:

www.rushmoretours.com/

www.mountrushmoretours.net/

Detroit
Level Contributor
10 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visiting Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial in April

I would recommend renting a car, in lieu of bus tours. I personally don't like waisting time while on vacation, waiting for people. Also, renting a car makes you a lot more mobile, so you "do your own thing".

For Mt. Rushmore, I would visit the Borgulum Museum, just outside Mt. Rushmore, before going to get a better understanding.

Crazy Horse is not that far from Mt Rushmore but is definetely something you don't want to miss.

I would also recommend Deadwood, Custer State Park, Rapid City, Needles Hwy, The Badlands, Hot Springs, there's plenty of caves, Spearfish & Sturgis.

Good luck & Enjoy the trip!!

Dubai
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visiting Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial in April

Thank you very much for the replys. I have contacted more of the tour operators and all of them start only by 15th of May.

So I have decided to rent a car and do it myself.

If I stay in Rapid City, can I visit Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial in one day by car?

Rapid City, South...
Level Contributor
502 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visiting Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial in April

You can easily visit both Mount Rushmore & Crazy Horse, they are about 20-30 minutes apart.

5. Re: Visiting Mt. Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial in April

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 08:16