We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mount Rushmore in March? -- Tips needed

Washington DC
1 post
Save Topic
Mount Rushmore in March? -- Tips needed

Hi,

Has anyone visited Mt. Rushmore in March? What is the weather like, and are there anything to see/do other than winter sports?

I am worried that there is not much to see except snow in March (the only time I can go there).

Many thanks!

Washburn, WI
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mount Rushmore in March? -- Tips needed

Hi,

Never been there in March but we were in Rapid City and Deadwood around the end of May. Even then we ran into some snow but still found alot of things to do in the area. I'd recommend the Black Hills Institute in Hill City, maybe a trip to Deadwood and Custer State Park (think it's still open at that time).

bleino

Rapid City, SD
Level Contributor
893 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mount Rushmore in March? -- Tips needed

Check out this prior post:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28962-i673-k16189…

3. Re: Mount Rushmore in March? -- Tips needed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 13:21