We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 days at palmer gulch lodge

Which Keystone hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
4 days at palmer gulch lodge

We have 4 days to spend at a cabin at palmer gulch lodge. We were planning on doing mount rushmore, caves, 1880s train ride, broken boot gold mine, badlands national park, mammoth site, and the palmer gulch chuckwagon dinner show. Is that possible? What should we add or take away?

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 days at palmer gulch lodge

I would personally take away Broken Boot Gold Mine, as you aren't interested in touring anything else in the Deadwood area. You could check out Big Thunder Gold Mine in Keystone. A must to add would be Custer State Park, an icon in the area.

Here's a sample grouping of activities:

Day 1: Badlands/Wall Drug (if you like tourist traps)..Rushmore evening ceremony

Day 2: Wildlife Loop-Custer SP/ Mammoth Site/Wind Cave

Day 3: Jewel Cave (early..make advance reservations)/Sylvan Lake (Custer SP)/Needles Hwy (Custer SP)

Day 4: Iron Mt Rd(Drive from south to north)..Rushmore by day.Big Thunder Gold Mine/1880 Train Ride

The chuckwagon dinner could be worked in days 2,3 or 4.

If you find yourself short on time, I'd eliminate the gold mine or 1880 train.

Have a great trip, and let us know if we can help you further.

2. Re: 4 days at palmer gulch lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 08:20