We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Clean hotel with pool in Keystone?

Which Keystone hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Madison, Wis.
Level Contributor
278 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Clean hotel with pool in Keystone?

If cost wasn't a factor, what hotel in Keystone would you recommend? Also, I was looking on Orbitz for next summer and a bunch of hotels came up no availability during the one night in July I randomly checked. Could there be an event, is this just typical summer, or are hotels not booking that far out? Thanks!

Apple Valley...
Level Contributor
709 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Clean hotel with pool in Keystone?

I would check a brand website for that far out vs. a third party. Some hotels will just not give them access to inventory that far out not having really set next years rates yet.

Golden,CO
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Clean hotel with pool in Keystone?

Keystone has very limited hotel lodging and is primarily privately owned vacation rentals. Keystone does not book that far in advance, so you might be running into a limitation of the date range and that you might be searching hotel rooms only.

One of the best places to stay is The Springs, which offers anything from a studio condo to a full 4 bedroom property. You will likely be able to book something like this through a professional property manager such as SummitCove.com or direct through an owner.

Edited: 05 September 2012, 04:52
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
683 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Clean hotel with pool in Keystone?

I might be mistaken, but I believe jestpest is referring to Keystone, CO. Are you requesting information for Keystone, SD or Colorado? If Keystone, SD is what you are looking for, there are quite a few hotels for the small town that it is. If you have not done so, order the free SD Vacation Guide at www.travelsd.com. It is packed full of contact information for hotels as well as attractions, dining suggestions and maps.

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,584 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Clean hotel with pool in Keystone?

I was just wondering about jestpest's post myself. There are a total of 14 ranked hotels in Keystone on TripAdvisor, so there are many choices. These are mostly located on the main "street," which is only approximately 1 mile.

If you are looking at Keystone, SD, I personally like the Roosevelt Inn. There's an indoor pool and many room configurations. You also have some chains like Best Western and Holiday Inn Express, which seem to get mostly positive reviews. The K Bar S Lodge gets great reviews but does not have the pool you are looking for.

You might find you are looking too far out. I doubt if they are booked already. The main event is Sturgis, and that's not until August.

You mention "price being no object." I don't consider Keystone an "upscale town." It's more family oriented, and you will find mostly clean, comfortable lodging establishments..no spas, etc.

Definitely check out the vacation guide mt. mama mentions. It will be a tremendous help in your trip planning.

Have a great time.

5. Re: Clean hotel with pool in Keystone?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2013, 10:15