We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mount Rushmore Light Show or Crazy Horse Laser Show

Wyoming, Minnesota...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Mount Rushmore Light Show or Crazy Horse Laser Show

I am planning a June trip with our twin 5 year olds, and was thinking about doing one of these - which would you suggest?? Thank You!!

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,910 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mount Rushmore Light Show or Crazy Horse Laser Show

I am thinking the kids would probably enjoy the laser light show more. I have not seen Crazy Horse's show yet, but I can tell you that the evening ceremony is very moving to adults, but would probably not be of much interest to young children. It honors our veterans and includes a ranger talk and calling of vets on stage to fold the flag. At the end, the monument is illuminated. The process lasts about 30 mins, which might be a little long for children that young.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,593 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mount Rushmore Light Show or Crazy Horse Laser Show

I agree. When we were there the younger kids seemed to get very restless during the Mt. Rushmore ceremony.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
683 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mount Rushmore Light Show or Crazy Horse Laser Show

We have been to both and the kids will defintely enjoy the lazer show at Crazy Horse more than the lighting ceremony at Mt. Rushmore.

4. Re: Mount Rushmore Light Show or Crazy Horse Laser Show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 February 2014, 06:16