We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Star Gazing

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
93 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Star Gazing

We are staying in Keystone. Wondering if star gazing is much better in the Badlands then in Keystone? Hesitant to do the drive back at night. Advice appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Pitman, New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Rapid City, South Dakota
Level Contributor
5,767 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Star Gazing

I am not much of a star gazer, but I would imagine it would be much better in the Badlands just because it's so much more open. There are star gazing talks by rangers at night in the Badlands.

I understand about not wanting to drive back, but would you consider an overnight in the Badlands or nearby Wall?

Cary, North Carolina
Level Contributor
93 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Star Gazing

Unfortunately we had to lock into a 3 night min stay in Keystone so we don't have any flexibility. Thanks for response!

United States
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Star Gazing

If you can get into on open area, it should be great (unless the clouds move in). Maybe you could go over to Lake Pactola or Sheridan Lake. Lots of open sky and not too far from Keystone.

4. Re: Star Gazing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2015, 06:16