We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

a week too long in natchez

Level Contributor
26 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
a week too long in natchez

We are planning on a vacation to Natchez and were planning a week there Husband will golf and fish and I will tour town and homes. May take some day road trips. Renting a vacation home near town, Is that too long to stay there? Will have been in New orleans before arriving,

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
31,965 posts
445 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: a week too long in natchez

I love history and old homes but for me 2-3 days is enough. Lots of other things to see and do in MS and TN- Vicksburg, Clarksdale, Greenwood, Oxford, Tupelo and Memphis.

Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
577 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: a week too long in natchez

I agree that a week for Natchez is excessive. PeachBelle has good suggestions for other locations. Oxford in particular is a lovely small town. Or consider renting a house on the Gulf coast instead - Ocean Springs, perhaps. The Mississippi coastline has wonderful golf courses.

Edited: 02 March 2013, 17:53
Natchez, Mississippi
Level Contributor
39 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: a week too long in natchez

Stay as long as you'd like! If the fish are biting, then why not?! Along with the houses, we also have a winery with a free "tour-taste", an Indian Village, several museums and amazing sunsets that never get old. You can also check out our special packages and deals here> www.visitnatchez.org/visitor/special-offer/

4. Re: a week too long in natchez

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 March 2014, 07:17
Get answers to your questions about Natchez
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question