We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Zimmer on the Beach, Dor

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
108 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Zimmer on the Beach, Dor

We are thinking about staying at Zimmer on the Beach at Dor. They look like nice cottages right on a grassy area looking at the beach. However, I cannot find anything about them on Trip Advisor or any place else. Has anyone stayed in them or heard about them? We don't need fancy. We want clean, comfortable, pleasant. Sometimes accommodations in Israel can be substandard. We don't want that. Thanks.

14 replies to this topic
Israel
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Zimmer on the Beach, Dor

I have never stayed there, but just so you know:

There are hundreds of zimmers all across Israel, so just because you don't see a particular property listed on TripAdvisor, don't assume they aren't legit.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,769 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Zimmer on the Beach, Dor

Zimmers owned by private people are generally clean, comfortable and pleasant. Substandard to one person is nice to another, so it's all relative. Dor is a great place to stay, although I have never seen any of the zimmers but if you are referring to Hof Dor Zimmers, I know of people who have stayed there to much satisfaction. The other privatley owned zimmers may be different.

Chana

Israel

Haifa, Israel
Destination Expert
for Haifa
Level Contributor
4,174 posts
278 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Zimmer on the Beach, Dor

Again, I was not using the Dor resort (83 rooms), but the beach.

The beach is one of the best, it is nature protected from high waves thus allowing good swim for kids.

As I recall the wooden cabins are the closest to the beach front.

Edited: 30 June 2013, 12:21
Sacramento...
Level Contributor
108 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Zimmer on the Beach, Dor

Thanks to everyone. It was the wooden zimmers on the beach to which I was referring. Somewhere I saw them under a separate name of Zimmer on the Beach. Not individually owned. Hard to tell if they are part of the Dor resort or not.

Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
15,769 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Zimmer on the Beach, Dor

83 wooden cabins are definately part of the resort which is one of the nicest in the country in its league.

Chana

Israel

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
108 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Zimmer on the Beach, Dor

Thanks.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
435 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Zimmer on the Beach, Dor

http://www.zimmeril.com/site.asp?site_id=3669

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
372 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Zimmer on the Beach, Dor

There actually 2 separate entities at Hof Dor. Both rent out rooms, cottages, bungalows, zimmers, etc, of varying sizes and standards. One is Kibbutz Dor, and right next door (no pun intended) is Kibbutz Nachsholim.

They share the same beach, and it's a spectacular sight loaded with historical significance (there is a small museum and there are books available.

I've stayed at both. Nachsholim's igloos are to be avoided unless you're really not averse to minimal standards. On the other hand they offer lovely cottages, 2 floors, rather nice. Price is the issue.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
108 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Zimmer on the Beach, Dor

Thanks for the info. Very helpful.

Israel
Level Contributor
736 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Zimmer on the Beach, Dor

I echo the other posts - one of the nicest beaches in the country. I actually have stayed at the wooden cabins there on Dor beach. They are very nice, right in front of the water - about 100 meters or so. The best part about this beach are the two little islands (more like islets) that can be reached by a short swim.

Enjoy!

Reply to: Zimmer on the Beach, Dor
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Dor