We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please help/Review Itinerary

Which Zichron Yaakov hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Please help/Review Itinerary

Hi

I need to fine tune my itinerary and would appreciate any comments. I am bound by a couuple of days when I have to be in certain places and these cannot change. So I have to work around this.

Day 1: arrive Tel Avlv at midnight

Day 2: Tel Aviv

Day 3: Tel Aviv

Day 4: go to Jerusalem

Day 5: Jerusalem

Day 6: Jerusalem - hire car

Day 7: Masada/Dead Sea from Jerusalem and return - own car

Day 8: leave Jerusalem to go north or stay another day?

Day 9: Jerusalem or north

Day 10:north - need to be on kIbbutz Dalia at about 3:30pm/stay Ramat Hashofet

Day 11:Kibbutz Dalia - finish programme at 6:30 pm - sleep on Ramat Hashofet or find somewhere else to sleep?

Day 12: north

Day 13: drive back to Tel Aviv for Shabbat with my son - not changeable - give back car

Day 14: Tel Aviv not changeable

Day 15: Tel Aviv

Day 16: Tel Aviv - leave late at night.

My Tel Aviv days at the end can be used for day trips, do the local museums, attractions etc. We need to be based somewhere.

The days up north are confusing me, as I want to go to

Rosh Hanikra, Haifa,Zichron Yakov, Acco, Sfat, Nahariya(?) , Caesaria etc etc and do the Kinneret area as well. I would even love to get up to Tel Dan ( I think I have my facts correct) and that area. I am struggling to get some order into these days as we are bound by being on the Kibbutz for two of them.

Is it better to stay on the Kibbutz and do day trips from there or overnight in different places? I am trying to get my head around the distances. Am i biting off more than I can chew?

Can anyone make any suggestions?

thanks

6 replies to this topic
Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please help/Review Itinerary

Hi LynneB,

I have a few comments on your trip, but firstly - what day of the week is Day 1? Since Fridays and Saturdays not all sites are open (or some close early), it would hep to know this information before commenting.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please help/Review Itinerary

Day one is a Sunday night ...

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please help/Review Itinerary

OK. So a few suggestions and minor changes (my personal opinion, of course).

1. I think that it's a good idea to go to Tel Aviv first for a couple of days, to relax and get over what will have been a very long flight, I'm guessing!

2. Your day 4 has you going to Jerusalem. It doesn't take all day ! I would suggest cutting short your initial stay in Tel Aviv by 1 day, and going to Jerusalem in the evening of day 2 or day 3. That gives you a complete additional day (or 2) in Jerusalem. You can check out of your Tel Aviv hotel in the morning, leave your luggage at the hotel (they are all used to that), sight see all day, and then in the evening go back to the hotel, pick up your luggage, and travel to Jerusalem. It's only about a 1-hour drive.

3. Although I would normally suggest that you stay in Jerusalem another day, your mid-week and 2nd weekend commitments, together with what you want to manage to do, means that it probably makes most sense to leave Jerusalem on Sunday morning. Actually, it would make more sense for you to drive straight up to the Galilee area on Saturday afternoon, after you've been to the Dead Sea and Masada. That way you can start out at the Kinneret on Sunday morning, and you also save almost 2 hours of driving by not having to go back to Jerusalem along the way.

4. Sunday - Tuesday should give you enough time to see what you are interested in seeing in the Kinneret area (Safed, around the Kinneret, Tel Dan, and other places in the area). Stay somewhere like Rosh Pina to be central and not too hot/humid.

5. I would suggest that once you have arrived at the Kibbutz, stay there for the last 2 nights before you leave for Tel Aviv. It's not worth moving from there to another place.

6. Rosh Hanikra, Acco, Zichron you can do on day 12 with no problem. For Haifa - it depends on what you want to see. You might be able to fit that in on day 12 too, if you leave early enough in the morning, or if you visit Zichron on day 13 - Friday, on your way back to Tel Aviv. Problem with returning the car on Friday is that you have to be back in Tel Aviv at the rental place before 13:00. It's rather a shame to lose half of your day. If you can return the car on Sunday morning instead, then you can easily do Zichron and Ceasaria on your way back to Tel Aviv, and visit Haifa on the Thursday instead.

7. Skip Nahariya - there is not much of interest there.

Hope that all helps.

Edited: 03 July 2011, 10:47
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please help/Review Itinerary

thanks so much debi

I will consider getting rid of our accom in Tel Aviv on 12th (I may have to forfeit the payment as it has been prepaid :(..or get up early on 13th and get to Jerusalem for a full day there.

Your ideas make sense - unfortunately I will have the four days at then end in Tel Aviv - perhaps we can even do a day trip on the Sunday up to Haifa and back on the train. Less stress not driving there?

I'll sleep on all of this.

Can you recommend anywhere in Rosh Pinna to stay? I've been hunting for zimmers and b&b's. They all look quite quaint, but a recommendation is always a good idea!

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Jerusalem, Israel
Destination Expert
for Jerusalem
Level Contributor
3,601 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Please help/Review Itinerary

My pleasure.

About the night of the 12th - check if you can leave early without forfeiting that night. If not, then just leave early on the 13th.

Yes, you can take the train to Haifa on the last Sunday, but don't go too early, as the train will be packed with soldiers returning to their bases after Shabbat. Also, when you buy your train ticket, shell out for a numbered seat (I think it costs an additional 1 shekel!!).

As for places to stay in Rosh Pinna and the area, best have a search through this forum, as there are quite a lot of recommendations for that area, and for Amirim which is not far.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
62 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Please help/Review Itinerary

you have been wonderful, thanks so much!

Reply to: Please help/Review Itinerary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Zichron Yaakov