Hi, we are a group of 4 adults renting a houseboat, 19' speed boat, and 4 kayaks from Wahweap Marina for a 7day/6night adventure on 9/17/13. The plan is to load the kayaks onto the houseboat and then to drive the houseboat and speed boat separately through the narrows around Antelope Point. We would like to make it to Dungeon Canyon for our first night but will most likely only get so far as Labrynth, West, or Dove Canyon. Ultimately we would like to beach the 48' Navigator in one of the coves near Dangling Rope Marina for the duration, then take the speed boat and kayaks out to explore.
I am wondering:
1. best way to tow the kayaks behind the speed boats w/out sinking them (for our day trips).
2. how many hours to get to Dungeon Canyon from Wahweap?
3. Do the side by side refrigerators in the Navigator keep things cold? How about the freezers?
4. Other than Rainbow Bridge are there any hikes/ kayaking that you would recommend near D. Rope?
5. Is there a need for a beach shade canopy? And if so, is there any place that rents them?We are flying in to Page, so cannot bring it ourselves.
6. I'm kinda freaked about driving through the Narrows at A.P. with the wakes rocking back and forth. Am I being a sissy?
I really appreciate any and all responses!