We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best way to see rainbow bridge, antelope canyon

Baltimore, Maryland
5 posts
Save Topic
best way to see rainbow bridge, antelope canyon

we will be arriving in Page from phoenix on saturday july 26 and leaving the morning of July 29 to go on to the grand canyon. We (mom, dad, two sons 14 and 12) do have boating experience and enjoy fishing and water tubing. We'd also like to see rainbow bridge and antelope canyon. Any suggestions on how best to organize our itinerary. Should we rent our own powerboat and try to get ourselves to rainbow bridge? Thanks!

Edited: 24 April 2014, 17:16
Atascadero...
Destination Expert
for Lake Powell
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best way to see rainbow bridge, antelope canyon

Sounds like you have two full days and maybe part of a third in Page.

With one of them, I'd earmark a trip to Rainbow Bridge. With the other, you can take a tour of Antelope Canyon, possibly a visit to Horseshoe Bend, and maybe the dam.

You can either rent a powerboat or take a tour to get to Rainbow Bridge. For five people, it will cost a total of $590 ($125/person, except the 12 year old is $90). That's not cheap, but is a lot of fun. Think of it as an all day experience. You could also rent a skiboat for about $400/day, and when you add tax, gas and insurance, the overall price is comparable to a tour. The difference is that you can do more exploring on your own.

You can see part of Antelope Canyon from the lake, but not the iconic slot portion, which is only accessible via land tours.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best way to see rainbow bridge, antelope canyon

Thank you! So you think one day in a powerboat to go to rainbow bridge, fish and tube , then extra day on land ( we have rental car) to drive to antelope canyon , horseshoe bend and maybe dam?

Atascadero...
Destination Expert
for Lake Powell
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: best way to see rainbow bridge, antelope canyon

That sounds like the plan I would make if I were in your shoes. Have fun!

Atascadero...
Destination Expert
for Lake Powell
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: best way to see rainbow bridge, antelope canyon

One thing I just noticed--you have four people, not five. (I have trouble counting sometimes.) That means your total tour cost would be $465, not $590. That would likely make the tour slightly cheaper for your family than renting a boat, but not greatly cheaper. I'd still rent the boat.

Baltimore, Maryland
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: best way to see rainbow bridge, antelope canyon

Ok - I think that sounds wonderful- thanks for your guidance!

Encinitas...
Destination Expert
for Zion National Park, Joshua Tree National Park
Level Contributor
17,609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best way to see rainbow bridge, antelope canyon

You or the kids might enjoy the wakeboard park at Antelope Point.

www.antelopepointlakepowell.com

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,879 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: best way to see rainbow bridge, antelope canyon

I will second the renting a boat for the day and taking your selves to Rainbow Bridge. Get a simple map of the lake to give you an idea of where to go. But the central channel is marked and there are signs leading you into the Rainbow Bridge side canyon, so it shouldn't be hard to locate.

Then after you have spend all the time you wish to there you would have time to explore other canyons, or play in the lake with a rental tube or skis etc. It is a great way to spend the day imo.

8. Re: best way to see rainbow bridge, antelope canyon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Lake Powell