We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rancho Luna, Cienfuego

mississauga
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Rancho Luna, Cienfuego

Anyone been to Rancho Luna recently? We're planning to go in Mid March. Were looking at the Costa Sur but it is still closed, renos. not yet finished.

How is the beach at Rancho Luna, sandy or rocky? how about the hotel, one building or small bungalow? How about fishing, can we fish at the hotel off the catamaran, pedal boat or is there a marina close by where we can buy fishing trip? How about scooters, can we rent them?

Hope some one has answers!

Thank's

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Rancho Luna
Hotel Rancho Luna
698 Reviews
Cuba
Napanee Ontario
Level Contributor
69 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rancho Luna, Cienfuego

Darma

Hi this is not a reply to your post on Rancho Luna but some questions as we are thinking about going to this resort next year.

First of all did you go to this resort last year, and if yes what did you think?

Did they have scooters, or bikes?

Do any of the rooms have balconies?

Is there much to do at this resort?

How did you like the food?

Is the resort OK for small children?

Any information on this resort would be much appreciated. Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Rancho Luna
Hotel Rancho Luna
698 Reviews
Cuba
Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rancho Luna, Cienfuego

Darma ... I know someone who spent a month there by herself in December. She doesn't come on TA so I emailed her your questions and actually she doesn't do email much either, lol but I will be seeing her Wednesday night in class so either way, I can let you know Thursday the latest.

BTW, she took the bus to Trinidad and loved it there.

Mentioned in this post
Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rancho Luna, Cienfuego

sunlover .. I left this same info on your PM but if you're like me, I rarely look there .. so here is what she wrote me .. and for anyone interested ...

"The beach at Rancho Luna is sandy but water shoes are good for walking the beach as I did step on a sea urchin. The beach only takes about 10 min at most to walk to the end where there is a sister hotel on the bluff that you can have a drink/eat at.

You could fish off a paddleboat (they have 2 or 3). A fellow takes people out for rides on the catamaran but you can't take it out yourself.

A boat goes out for scuba diving but I didn't see anything about fishing, although I did think some guys were talking about going out to rent a boat with someone. People fish off the beach. I didn't see anything advertised for fishing.

The buildings are 2 story and there's 5 or 6. The main floor rooms open onto a patio and the 2nd fl rooms have a patio window that opens (no screen) but there is no balcony.

Breakfast and supper are in the main dining room but lunch is available at 3 places (pool, beach and diningroom).

The pool is large.

You could rent a scooter in Cienfuegos, 20-25 min away by bus, $10/taxi/15 min. I think you had to rent them by the day.

I can answer any other questions if they have them."

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Rancho Luna
Hotel Rancho Luna
698 Reviews
Cuba
4. Re: Rancho Luna, Cienfuego

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 19:16